prologue

Hi all,

Just a friendly reminder that this story is not finished and has been discontinued.

Feel free to read my second to last chapter to see why, the last chapter was my plans for the rest of the story should you want to know how it was going to turn out.

Please also remember I wrote this when I was like 16 so I'm sorry in advance, my writing does eventually get better lol.

Thanks for all your support.

Xxx

Eve's POV

I had been babysitting for Harry for nearly a year and a half. His daughter, Alice, was the cutest thing in the world, I absolutely adored looking after her and it was always a lot of fun too. She was a little bundle of energy that never grew tired, her long brown curls, her cheeky grin, her adorable set of dimples and her rosy cheeks was enough to make you fall in love the minute you lay your eyes on her.

Harry and his wife, Geena, were in desperate search for a babysitter, after their previous one had left due to inappropriate circumstances. My mum was a friend of Harry's and knew he was in search of a babysitter. With the Styles' living just down the road from me, and me needing to earn myself some extra cash, my mum offered that I look after Alice, to which they delightedly agreed and took me on board straight away.

When I first went to meet with them, I met Alice and Geena, as Harry was out on some business function. I was extremely eager to meet him, but was disappointed when I made it to their house, only to find that he would be out during the duration of my visit.

Geena was very wary of me, watching me like a hawk when I interacted with Alice and roamed about their house. I felt extremely under pressure and eventually she caught on that her gaze was the reason for my uneasiness and sincerely apologized for the way she was treating me.

It turned out that their previous babysitter, Maia, had a 'crush' on Harry, and would make sexual advances towards him many times when Geena wasn't around. Geena and Harry were tight with money, having to work day in and day out, so they were desperate for someone to look after Alice while they were working. Harry put up with Maia's advances, telling himself that they needed someone to look after Alice in order for him to be able to put food on the table for his family.

When Geena caught on to what was going on, she immediately got rid of her, scolding her husband for not telling her sooner. Geena believed Harry was having an affair with her, which is why he didn't tell her because he didn't want her to find out. Of course, that wasn't the case at all and Geena felt absolutely horrible when Harry had set her straight on his intentions of not telling her the truth, about needing the money and needing to be able to provide.

Ever since, Geena had been very cautious when choosing someone to look after Alice. I really needed the money from this job, so I assured her that I would never treat her and her husband like that, I even said I had a boyfriend so her suspicions of me would lessen and she would choose me for the job.

She also couldn't deny that Alice and I got on like a house on fire, and when my 'interview' was up and I was about to leave, Alice was clinging to my leg, squealing with tears leaking from her eyes begging me not to go. Geena laughed it off and I could tell she was very pleased with the way I was getting on with Alice. She invited me to stay for dinner, so I would be able to meet Harry later on that night.

When I first saw Harry, I didn't expect him to, well, look the way he did. He was exceptionally attractive for a man of 24, his mop of brown curls gelled neatly back from his forehead, his business suit clinging to his extremely slim body and the forest green of his eyes sending daggers through your stomach whenever he so as much looked you in the eyes, he was absolutely breathtaking, and I could now understand the intentions behinds Maia's motives.