thirty two

Eve's POV

"Here's your water," I mumbled, walking back into my bedroom to find Harry ogling at the photos that sat on my dresser.

It was an unexpected surprise to find Harry standing on my doorstep just a few minutes ago, claiming that he had the afternoon off and wanted to see me. I pointed out that we saw each other just yesterday, but he only shrugged it off and told me he missed me, before following me upstairs into my room and collapsing on my bed.

"You were pretty cute yourself when you were a kid, Evie," he smiled, taking the glass of water from me and pointing at a photo of Liam and I from when we were younger.

I shrugged him off and sat down to do the homework I was doing before Harry arrived. I figured I'd get it out of the way tonight so I would have a clear head for when I would stay over at his place tomorrow, so I left him to do whatever he pleased as he mingled around my room for the first time.

"So," he said after the silence in the room was present for too long, wrapping his arms over my shoulders from behind and leaning his mouth to my ear, "I come over to see you, and you won't even spend any time with me?"

"I'm trying to get all my work done so I'm all free for you tomorrow," I whispered when his lips brushed against the back of my neck. It was startling how much one single kiss and the feel of his arms around me could make the hairs on my skin stand on end. I still couldn't grasp how much of an effect he had over me. He knew exactly what to do, and where to do it, and it scared me half to death.

"Well then, don't let me distract you," he chastised, his nose dragging against my skin and inhaling softly, causing him to let out a deep sigh.

He detached himself from me and continued to look around my room, hands clasped behind his back and his posture impeccably straight and endearing. I kept my eyes glued to my computer screen, fearful that if I were to look in Harry's direction I wouldn't be able to keep my eyes off him.

I knew that his suit jacket would be pulled tightly against the expanse of his shoulders from the way his arms were pulled back, tailored faultlessly to the sharp angles of his body. I knew his fitted slacks would give the illusion of his never ending legs, the dark material hugging his lanky figure. I knew that the hair at the back of his head would be starting to curl into those pretty ringlets after the long day he's had, with some strands flopping down onto his forehead. I knew that the sun streaming in from the window would glisten against the shiny metal around his fingers, those fingers that I wish he'd touch me with all day.

I tried to keep my breathing at bay as he continued his observation of my bedroom, and the sound of my fingers tapping incessantly against my computer keyboard was enough to drown out the wooded sound of Harry opening one of my drawers.

"You have a garter belt?" He questioned, pulling the piece of lingerie out of my drawer that I knew was hidden right at the bottom. I gulped nervously, feeling the burn of his stare whilst I keep my eyes straight ahead.

"Really, Harry? You've been here for half an hour and you're already looking through my underwear drawer?" I reprimanded, attempting to glare at him with cold eyes. Harry only smirked at my effort to scold him, rummaging through my drawers to presumably find the other matching garments.

"I think you should stop what you're doing and go put these on," he commanded gently, bundling up the matching bra, underwear and stockings in his large hands and dumping them on my computer keyboard.

I huffed in annoyance, rolling my eyes and throwing the lingerie onto the side of my desk, trying my best not to fall under his spell. It's not that I didn't want to, it's that I had a lot of work to do, and Harry was clearly bored and wanted to something to entertain himself with.