three

Eve's POV

It was nearing 5pm, the time Mr. Styles usually came home on a typical Thursday. I was dreading this day all week, considering everything that happened last Saturday. It was the main thing that kept my mind occupied for most of the days that passed by, leading up to today, the way he held me to keep me warm when I was sleeping and the way he pushed me against the door and kissed me hard before I left.

 It was such a hard thing to comprehend for me, what he did and the reasons why he did it. He didn't make it at all clear about his sudden actions, only that he had been wanting to do it for a long time, which clearly wasn't a good enough justification for me.

 No one had ever made me feel the way he did that night, a way that made my heart hammer unhealthily against my chest and made me so astonished that my brain fried and lost all connection with the rest of my body, to the point when I had been too shocked to even move.

 There was desperation laced through his eyes, his forest green irises hungry with lust at the way he was  towered over me, his shaky hand slamming the wood shut, preventing me from leaving and pinning me to the door with his lanky body. The hoarseness that sounded through his voice suggested that he needed it, that he finally had me in the place he had longed for me to be, the chance finally his and he was going to take it.

 But his actions were different. He was hesitant, slow, almost scared perhaps. The way he leant down to bring his lips to mine, he was so careful and unsure, like he was still undecided about this whole situation. When he pressed them to mine, it was feather light, his skin barely grazing mine as if he were scared to see how I would react to him.

 I was still so confused by everything that happened, it didn't make sense why this attractive, 25 year old business man wanted to kiss me, me out of all people. I was just a teenager, I was nothing special at all.

 But tonight I was going to get answers.

 The sound of the front door opening ripped me from my confused thoughts, and my heart started to pound against my chest, nearly knocking me into the kitchen counter that I had braced myself against. I took a long and slow breathe, completely unsure of how he was going to act when he would see me. Would he mention it or would he pretend like it didn't happen?

 I waited a few minutes for him to greet Alice, letting them have a moment before I intruded with my longing questions. I made my way slowly to the doorframe, silently watching them interact on the couch together. Alice was giggling and grinning and everything in between whilst she was being hugged tight by Harry's muscular arms.

 He looked rather exhausted, with dark circles under his tired eyes and his hair hanging limp over his forehead. He always worked so hard, and it was quite evident in the way he acted when he got home. He would flop himself down on the couch and watch TV for the rest of the night, most of the time his eyes would droop closed and he'd fall asleep right there and then, or sometimes he'd hop into bed and let me go home early.

 The father-daughter moment was interrupted when Alice saw me in the doorframe, her eyes lighting up even brighter than they had when she first saw her father.

 "Evie!" she squealed, climbing out of her fathers arms and running towards me, wrapping her own around my legs, nuzzling her face to my jeans. She always acted like this around me and I never understood why, I had seen her less than 20 minutes ago when she bounded into the kitchen asking me for some chocolate milk.

 "Hi" I replied, and she peered up at me from those thick eyelashes of hers, the ones that all she needed to do was batter them and she'd get everything she ever wanted.