12

This chapter contains the mention of drugs. Please read with caution. 

Her eyelids flickered, her head pounded in hurt as she felt the soft fabric of the sheets rub against the tips of her fingers.

Navy sucked in a harsh breath through her nose, licking her lower lip at the dry taste in her mouth.

''She's awake.'' The soothing voice spoke from beside her. She tried to recollect where she had heard it before but to no use.

Her body felt numb. Her arms were weak as she sought to prop herself up on her elbows, but the instant she did — her limbs failed her, and she slipped down onto the mattress again.

''No, Navy—'' The voice called out for her, gently pushing her back against the bed, ''Don't do that, just rest. You need to rest.''

Navy's head bowed before falling back against the pillow again. Her head ached as her veins pounded, but she couldn't stay awake. All she craved to do was to sleep.

Navy wrestled between the world of reality and her unconscious state for days. Her body had no strength in working against the drugs she had ingested, and the amount of the pills she took knocked her out completely.

For days and days, her friends and her brother took turns in sitting next to her and to keep an eye on the girl who was unconscious.

She didn't know that this would happen. She didn't want it to.

All she wished for when she slapped the hand full of pills down her throat was an hour or two of relief, not to overwhelm herself with the substance — and that was, to her friends, a scary thing.

They had been talking to each other during the days of Navy absence, and they all agreed on the fact that Navy shouldn't be included when it comes to drugs. It was too dangerous for her. She was too new at this, and to take the amount she did — could've been her death.

As the days passed and her body slowly recovered, her mind leisurely crawled back to being. It took time and effort, but she was getting there.

''It's been five days, William. We should do something,'' Pansy whispered over the hospital bed, her hand placed on Navy's, ''I mean, she nearly woke up once, but then, nothing. Are you sure that we shouldn't contact your parents—''

''No.'' William shot back, stretching his spine in the wooden chair he was seated in, ''We agreed never to bring our parents into any of this.''

''That might have been a good idea when she wasn't lying on a fucking hospital bed—''

''Don't go there. This wasn't my fault. I have no idea where she could've gotten those drugs, alright? Stop with the fucking comments. She's my sister, and this is my decision.'' William spat at the brunette, making her brows furrow, ''If our parents find out... no. I say no, Pans.''

Pansy forced her chair back, shaking her head at the boy before stepping over the floor, ''Well — it's the wrong decision, Will, and I hope for your sake that she'll be waking up soon, or I'll be contacting your parents with or without you.''

Her steps echoed louder away as she kept on walking, ''Where the fuck are you going?''

''To get Malfoy. He can cover the next shift. I'm not spending another minute with you in here.'' Pansy hewed William off before she stormed out of the infirmary.

Will's eyes rolled. His breaths lightly fanned his sister's arm as he bent down, placing his chin on her hand. His eyes fell so gently over her, his hand stretched up to push a strand of hair away from her forehead.