27

Mature content ahead.

Now.

July 19th, 2001.

Asher changed into a suit as Navy nervously stood and watched. Her sight flickering with every move he made, ''Are you—'' She gulped on her own words, ''What do you think they want?''

He sent a puzzled frown in her direction, fixing the collar of his shirt, ''Since when do you mind for my business, love?''

Her eyes widened, looking away, ''At this hour, I mean? It's far past midnight.'' Navy tried to correct her suspicious question, ''And they just expect you to be free to go downstairs?''

Asher huffed out a dry chuckle, ''Comes with the job,'' He said, taking strides towards the door she was leaning against. His palms struck the wood, trapping her in his arms, ''But you don't mind? Do you?''

The smirk he gave would usually tickle within her, weaken her knees and make her agree with him, but not now — now she was more concerned for the people he was meeting, ''How did they know you were here? You don't think the Malfoy's—''

''Father knows where you live, Navy. If I'm not at my place, where else would I be?'' He slightly scowled, dropping his arms to his sides, ''Is something wrong?''

''No—''

''Then what's with the questions?'' He looked at her with a gaze so intense that she had to drag her own away from him, ''I won't be long. I can ask Luke to stay with you if—''

''No,'' Navy shook her head, ''It's fine. I'm just curious, that's all.''

''Just curious, huh?'' Asher wasn't foolish. He had quite the mind to read others, ''Why do I feel like this is more than you just being curious?''

''It's not,'' Navy forced a bitter smile, ''I just thought—''

''What?'' He leaned in, his lips hovering above the shell of her ear, ''You've gotten me twice tonight, love. Aching for more? Are we?''

She blushed, pushing her lips together, ''Asher...''

''I'll be back before you fall asleep,'' He muttered, kissing the side of her head before he reached for the doorknob behind her, ''I won't be long.''

Navy looked as he walked past Pansy and William in the hallway, thanking them for stopping by before he disappeared out the front door.

The very second it slammed shut behind him, Pansy turned to Navy with eyes crowding in far too much curiosity, ''He doesn't know?''

Navy rolled her eyes, strolling past the both of them down to the kitchen.

''Navy?'' Pansy called out her name again, rushing after her, ''How come you have this fancy boyfriend, who seems to be absolutely perfect, I might add. And he doesn't know a thing about Draco?''

Reaching for the wine glass standing on the kitchen island, she stilled at the way she spoke his name. She said it so effortlessly, so normally. It ached a bit within again.

''Why should I?'' Navy kept her head low, ignoring to meet both of their prying stares, ''I barely heard his name for over two years. So why should I—''

''Yeah?'' Pansy fired back, slipping onto the chair standing across the counter, ''Why should you mention the guy you had a relationship with for two years? The boy you cheated on your ex-boyfriend with? The boy—''

''The boy you had all of those group—''

''William!'' Pansy glared at her boyfriend, ''Absolutely not the time.''