25

I cried, so trigger warning for character death.

Navy flinched, almost jumping up on Draco's lap as the glass table shattered by the sword cutting through the diary. Dark clouds filled the room, and flames from the fireplace sparked louder. There was wind as if it came out of nowhere, and it scored wildly through the room.

And then, it went silent.

Not a word or a sound was heard from the people sitting around the now broken table.

Navy could feel how Draco's breaths fanned her shoulder and his arms wrapped around her. His nose was buried into her hair.

They were all scared of what would happen now, what would occur since the diary was ripped in two along the shattered glass.

They waited for minutes. Still, nothing, all of them looked at each other, confused about what was happening.

''No. No, No... It didn't work. It didn't work. It didn't work.''

Clara repeated herself as her voice broke in torture. Her hands cupped around her ears as tears stained her drained skin.

''He's still here. He's here.''

Navy's head snapped to look at the blond holding her, but he looked just as shocked as she was. His jaw was tight, and his eyes fixed right on the girl on his lap. Draco held Navy a little tighter.

''Clara,'' Navy eventually slipped off Draco's lap, and with slow, gentle steps, she made her way up to her best friend, ''Clara, what do you mean?''

''He's here.''

Navy kneeled beside her, and the second her hand placed on Clara's back, the girl winced. Her eyes were swollen, her teeth clasped together.

''Clara, it's alright. There's no one but me here.'' Navy sought to bring her comfort, wrapping her arms around the trembling girl, ''It's just you and me, alright?''

''No! He's here. He's still here.''

''Okay, okay—'' Navy pulled Clara entirely onto her lap, ''Tell me then, tell me what he wants from you.''

''He wants—'' Clara held her breath as her body shook violently, ''He wants to kill me.''

Navy's breaths hitched, and she caught Draco standing tall next to William. The blond tipped his head towards her brother, ''Are you sure that's she's not just mental because this is...''

''I still think it's drugs.'' William crossed his arms, nodding as he agreed with Draco, ''It has to be drugs. I mean—''

''Can the both of you just shut up,'' Navy muttered at them, making both of their hands fly up in surrender.

''Thank you.''

''Definitely drugs,'' Draco whispered again.

Navy's eyes rolled as she looked back down at her best friend, ''Why does he want to kill you? Did he tell you why?''

Clara swallowed thickly as she met Navy's worried stare, ''He said that if someone dies. We could be together, but Naves—''

It was as if a moment of clarity flashed through Clara's eyes, and for a brief moment, her mind wasn't haunted.

''Navy. Help me.'' Her hands grasped at the collar of Navy's shirt, ''He has no limits, Navy. He's in my head. Destroying the diary did nothing. He's still here—''

Clara's eyes squeezed shut, and then, the torture that glimmered in them was back.

''Clara, what is happening—'' But before Navy or any one of the friends could understand what was happening, Clara forced herself off the ground and stormed towards the door.