16

Mature content ahead.

Her hands slammed against the door to Theodore's room. Her knuckles stung as she kept on hitting the wood.

''Open the door, Theodore, please,'' Navy begged. The corner of her eyes shredded in tears,

''Please just talk to me. This was your idea!''

She pounded the timber, over and over, calling out for him until her voice desperately broke, and just as she was about to give up, to walk away from the boy who refused to see her. The door swung open, hitting the wall next to it with a loud slam.

Navy turned around in her steps, facing the evil glare he held on his features. He didn't look sad, broken.

He stared right through her with spite.

''What?'' Theo snapped, crossing his arms over his chest as his jaws gritted, ''What do you want?''

She released a shaky breath. Her eyes flickered out of nervousness.

Navy didn't know what to say. She didn't know how to comfort him after the truth she spoke in the classroom.

They simply stood there, facing each other, and both of them regretted it all.

They weren't always like this.

They weren't always this broken, this bounded by the lies that had tangled their lives into a knot of messiness.

They used to be happy together, but not anymore.

Her eyes fell to the ground as she shook her head, ''I'm sorry.'' She stuttered.

''You're sorry?'' Theodore hissed in response, feeling the fume of anger burning within.

Her brows furrowed as she watched his eyes spark and his teeth clenched together.

''I am.'' Her voice airy, ''I am sorry. I didn't mean for any of this to happen, but you heard Malfoy. He did try to warn you before you made everyone drink that—''

''Don't.'' Theodore took a step forward, ''Don't you dare speak his name to me right now.''

He looked furious, more than it. She could almost feel the hatred radiate off of him as his head tipped.

Navy couldn't understand how Theodore could be this mad — this upset for something he had done too. He was just as much in the wrong as she was, but even then, this was all her fault.

She was tired of it, of feeling as if everyone else's problem rested on her shoulders. She shouldn't be accountable for his mistakes — for anyone's mistakes, but her own.

''You know what?'' Her chin rose as she caught the bravery of standing up to him, ''This isn't all on me, Theodore.'' Her voice was more severe. ''This isn't all on me because I thought we were happy. I thought we were good together until you decided to cheat on me, over and over. You didn't even tell me. I had to find out about this by walking in and seeing the two of you together.''

Theo's arms fell to his sides as her voice shifted louder.

''This isn't only my fault. I'm not the only one to blame. We did this to each other. I cheated, yes. And I take full responsibility for that, but so did you.''

Navy's chest felt heavy, and her heart sunk. It was as if she realized something, as if she realized what she'd been battling for the last few months.

She didn't want to do this anymore.

''I'm not saying that it's all your fault, but you didn't tell me either, Navy. You stayed just as quiet as I did.'' Theo's tone turned darker, and his eyes blackened. ''Down there in the classroom, you held a hell of a speech about not using people and how wrong it was to seek revenge. Yet, that was all you did. You could have left me. You didn't have to stay and pretend to love me, and pretend that everything was fine between us—''