Chapter 19

It's the first of December and I was walking down the hall, when Harry and Ron came running up to me.

"Professor!" Said Ron

"Yeah?" I say curiously

"You remember when we said Harry got a firebolt for Christmas"
I nod my head

"Yeah, well professor mcgonagall took it, she said she needs to strip it down" says Ron

"Why would she strip it down?" I ask

"Well, she thinks it might be from Sirius black" Ron says almost under his breath.

"Sirius black? Why would it be from him?"

"Well there was no note saying who it was from" says Harry

"But you'll talk to her! Right?" Ron says hastily

"Il talk to her sure, but it could be from Sirius black, if she says no I'll help check it for hexes so it will speed it up"

"Ok thank you!" They say

"Ok, bye"

"Bye professor" they say and walk away.

*time skip*

I pushed open the door of the staff room and professor mcgonagall and flitwick are standing there talking, they both look up when they see me.

"Olivia just the person I wanted to talk to"

"About what?"

"For Christmas potter got sent a broomstick by an anonymous person, were worried that Sirius black may have sent it and cursed it"

"Potters already been to talk to me asking if I will try to get it off you"

"Off course he has"

"Yeah, but I think your right just to make sure it's not hexed"

"Good, would you do some work on it? I know that it's your area of expertise"

"Yeah, yeah, where is it?"

"It's right here" she says and walks over to a couch and picks up the fire bolt and hands it to me.

"You have one of these as well don't you?" Pipes up flitwick

"Yeah, I do"

"Even better you can check if there's any difference"

"Yeah, ok"

"Thank you Olivia"

"No problem" I say and walk back to my office.

I place the brook carefully on my table since usually I throw my broom into the corner but since it's not mine I better be more careful.
I take out my wand and start doing my investigation. Placing revelling spells on it.
I spend so much time on it I don't notice it's starting to get dark until a knock on my door interrupts me. I turn around and see Charlie

"What are you doing?" He asks

"I presume Ron told you about Harry's broom?"

"Ohh yeah, did mcgonagall ask you to take a look at it?"

"Yep"

"You know it's dinner"

"It is? What time is it?"

"Six o'clock"

"Really!"

"Yes, come on, you can finish this tomorrow"
Charlie says extending him hand for me to take.