Chapter 31

The next morning after the World Cup, I was sprawled out with work, and I wasn't the only one. I was one of the very few people that could make a perfect port key and not mess up.
Other Witches and wizards often tried to make one and ended up making the destination miles from where they wanted. And obviously every wizardarding family that had children under the age of seventeen wanted a port key as soon as possible. The cue for one was a couple miles long.

Later on in the morning at around 11 Charlie brought him, the rest of the Weasleys, Harry and Hermione up around the back, I made a port key up for them and they took it back to the burrow. I had to promise to Charlie that I would be back as soon as possible, but at this rate it probably wouldn't be for hours.

Over he next two weeks, I had to visit the ministry every now and then, as the goblet of fire is quickly approaching and I'm a big part in it. I was also thanking my lucky stars that I wasn't working and was still on temporary leave, the ministry hasn't been so busy since the days of Voldemort. They were getting hundreds of howlers a day from witches and wizards.

"It's been absolute uproar" Percy told everyone importantly, the Sunday evening before Fred, George, Harry, Hermione, Ron and Ginny went back to Hogwarts. "I've been putting out fires all week. People keep sending howlers and of course if you don't open a howler straight away, it explodes. Scorch marks all over my desk and my best quill reduced to cinders"

"Why are they all sending howlers?" Asked Ginny, who was mending her copy of one thousand magical herbs and fungi with spellotape on the rug in front of the living room fire.

"Complaining about security at the World Cup" said Percy "they all want compensation for their ruined property. Mundungus fletcher put in a claim for a twelve bedroomed tent with an en-suit jacuzzi, but I've got his number. I know for a fact he was sleeping under a cloak propped on sticks - "

"Boom! Haha Ron!" I shouted after beating Destroying Ron's king in a game of wizard chess.

"Ohh sorry Percy continue with your very interesting story that I'm sure we'd all love to hear" I said noticing Percy glaring at me.

"As I was saying-" started pery, but I started having a conversation with Ron and bill, so the rest of his words were drowned out.

"Come on Ron, I though you were the best chess player ever!" Said bill.

"I know! Shes bloody good at everything, what's your secret!" Ron said to me.

"A lot of sitting around waiting for assignments" I said picking up the chess pieces lying on the floor.

"What do you mean waiting around for assignment?" Said Ginny.

"Well when your an auror, you get assignments but there's not always just spare ones lying around, I mean most of the time there is, but not always, so when there's no spare assignments for you, you just sit around and wait for one, during that time me and my friend tonks would sit around and play games like wizard chess or exploding snaps which lead us to get very good at games, anyway bill it's you against Ron next right?"

"Is anyone listening to my story?!" Said Percy from the other side of the room, sounding outraged.

"No" said Ron, setting up the next game of wizard chess.

After a little while of chatting Mrs Weasley said
"Your father hasn't had to go into the office at weekends since the days of you know who" she said "they're working him far too hard, his dinners going to be ruined if he doesn't come home soon" she said staring at the grandfather clock in the corner with nine golden hands, each hand was in graved with each of the Weasleys name, there were no numbers on the clock but descriptions of where each family member might be. 'Hospital' 'school' 'work' but there was also 'lost' 'prison' and where the number twelve would be was 'mortal peril'