038

Don't forget to vote and comment!

"Charlie you still didn't help me" I said referring to the question I asked him a few days ago. Me and Charlie, well actually when I said me and Charlie I really mean Charlie, he's looking after some of the younger dragons today.

Since we found Artemis it's been very easy to keep all the other in line as they all listen to Artemis, all the dragons except the baby's.
Baby dragons listen to no one, not their mothers, not the alpha, not any of the Dragonologist, well to be fair none of the dragons really listen to them. But it's the funniest thing for me but the hardest thing for the dragonologist's because it's so hard try and control them. They were originally kept in a large cave, it was so beautiful. There was a huge lake covering half of the ground and plants and crystals hanging down from the ceiling. But one day half of it collapsed in and it wasn't big enough so now they stay in a large fenced up area, the fence is up to about my waist and then there's a a charm around it that stops them from flying out of the wooden pen, but it's a huge open area with a large lake and trees. When dragons get to around the age of four months old they go there, but until then they stay with there mothers. Because at four months old there mothers abandon them.
Different dragons grow at different speeds so when they get to around the size of a person they get moved into the woods.

The dragon reserve is amazing. There's a huge free area that's completely surrounded my mountains and is practically impossible to get here without magic. There's a large lake and cabins surround the lake. Then there's a huge wooden fence. And in the mountains there's hundreds of caves that the dragons sleep in, and during the day they have free roam of miles and miles of grass, trees and lakes. Then over a smaller mountain is where the more aggressive dragons stay like the Hungarian horntails and Peruvian Vipertooth. And they stay in smaller pens with enchantments around it so they can't leave, there's enchantments all around the place to stop the dragons from flying over the mountains. Before Artemis the dragons used to be a lot more restricted in their movement because we often had to use spells on them as they didn't listen to us, but now Artemis listens to me and they all listen to him, but even still the Hungarian horntails and Peruvian Vipertooth are still extremely aggressive so their movement is more restricted.

"Help you with what?" Says Charlie as baby dragon around the size of my head lands on his shoulder and eats some of the meat in Charlie's hand.

"I still don't know what to do about my performance for the tri wizard tournament" I say running my finger along the snout of the dragon on Charlie's shoulder, and at this the baby dragon starts to purr

"Just show them what Artemis and Falkor have got, you'll be great"

"Maybe" I say, smiling as the dragon rubs his head on Charlie's shoulder "but I don't think I'll show them Artemis's ability's like the frost or turning invisible"

"Your right, you'll never know what the ministry would do if they found out, they might take him from you"

"Your right, thank you Charlie" I say and peck Charlie on the lips before staring to walk away.

"Where are you going?" He says holding onto my wrist.

"To try and figure out what I'm gonna do" I say smiling at him.

"But I'll need your help" he says and at that moment the dragon on Charlie's shoulder decides to start coughing and spluttering, and this causes fire to fly out of his mouth and nose

"Shit!" Charlie says as his shirt catches on fire and he starts dabbing furiously trying to put it out, which he does but not before a hole around the size of a coin forms.

"See, you got it all under control" I said laughing. I then raised my fingers up to my mouth and blow out a loud whistle. Within seconds there was a loud dragon scream, and you may be thinking what's happening? That's just the sound Artemis makes when he's flying straight up for straight down really fast. The dragon scream made everyone around us look around quickly, I then spotted him. He was moving so quickly that he was a blur. Second later Artemis had landed beside me.

"I'll be back later" I said to Charlie getting into Artemis.

"I have a meeting today at one, should be over at two, so I'll meet you later at two"

"Alright, love you"

"Love you too" Charlie said smiling. It's so cute, when ever I say I love you to Charlie the biggest smile always crosses his face and he always looks so happy. Artemis then took off with a jerk, and a flap of his wings. Because Artemis is so much smaller and lighter than Falkor Artemis only has to flap his wings a few times to get above the clouds and Falkor has to flap his wings more. It feels incredible to be up here, you can see for miles, the beautiful mountains, trees and landscapes it's like something out of a painting. It's coming into October so it's winter and it's cold. The air was running through my hair causing it to fly out behind me, my jacket flapping around, it feels like at any second it's going to rip off me. The air is cold and damp and thick as we cut through it as fast as a missile. The air stung my cheeks, and numbed my nose but I was used to it now.

God, it's so cool to fly, so wonderful, so magnificent to fly with Artemis. You couldn't even imagine it, no one could unless you experience it yourself. It's kind of like flying on a broom but just imagine that ten times better.

"Ok Artemis let's give this a go" I say as we level out above the clouds.

I spent the next two hours with Artemis and he picked up the routine pretty quickly. Then when Artemis had mastered his part I taught Falkor his part and Falkor picked it up even quicker.