049

Vote!

Comment!

Share!

I was lying down on the couch in the living room when I woke up. Looking around I recognised it as the Weasley burrow

"Charlie?" I said sitting up

"Shh, I'm here, I'm here" he said, appearing and sitting down on the couch by my feet.

"What time is it?" I asked, running my hand down my face trying to wake myself up.

"You haven't slept in three days, it doesn't matter"

"No but you see - "

"Charlie would you come and help set the table please. Oh Olivia dear you awake, we're having lunch and Derry just arrived, you know Derry right?" Mrs Weasley said, appearing in the doorway. Do I know Derry? Everyone knows Derry, every single person knows Derry and his storytelling. "why don't you join him at the table and me and Charlie will get lunch ready"

"Actually I was just going to take off" I said, swinging my legs off the couch

"You'll stay for lunch first won't you?" She said raising her eyebrow

"Yeah, yeah of course" I said.

"Ol what happened last night?" Charlie said, his eyes were now full of worry.

"I thought- "

"Charlie the table won't set itself" Mrs Weasley called from the kitchen

"Tell me later won't you?" He said

"Yeah I said, Charlie then kissed me gently before getting up and going into the kitchen.

***

"Anyway, so there I was, standing at the top of the stairs, and I started walking down the steps, I think the wood was oak, it's louder as you step down each step you see" Derry said, talking very slowly. Derry is known for how slow he talks and how slow he gets to the point.

"But there was about twenty steps in the stairs and to be fair it took me a while to get down them steps, I'm not as young as I used to be, but I got to the bottom and walked over to the door, and opened the door, and there he was, my dog. So turns out he didn't run off, but instead he had just wanted some food and slept in the living room, so I went into the kitchen"

"Derry dear would you like another sandwich?" Molly said holding up the plate of sandwich she had just made.

"Oh thank you molly, you know my grandmother used to make the best sandwiches, now I'm not exactly sure what she put in them, maybe ham or chicken or turkey or duck, but it always tasted amazing"

"Derry you were saying about the dog?" I said, trying to couch him on to finish his story, the sooner he finishes his story, the sooner I can get back out and find barty and send a jinx so powerful at him that he won't be able to walk for weeks

"Ah yes, so I gave him some of the nuts, he likes the dry food you see but won't touch it if I use magic, and there was not a bother on him until - "

"Have you ever given him wet meat before Derry?" Charlie said

"No diversions Charlie!" I whisper yelled at him

"I have you see, but he just didn't take to it and he would leave the whole bowl of wet meat and gnomes there and then of course the pesties would get at it - "