Friends [Kakyoin]

Warning: a bit of angst at the end, but other than that its fluffy

Requested by: kujokka

It is finally time for our favorite donut

☆☆☆

Out of everything, moving into a new school sucked. Moving in general sucked. All the friends you've made are now gone. All in one sudden day when your parents decided to move. And all you're left with are bitter memories that just remind you of the things you've lost.

But it was alright – your parents were happier here and that's all that mattered to you. You were going to do your best to make new friends and adjust. You were going to try your best to seem happy with the new change, just so your parents won't be disappointed.

The school year had started maybe three or four months ago. And despite your best efforts, you sadly couldn't find anyone to call a friend. Maybe it was that you didn't click with them, or maybe you just didn't fit in their friend group. Either way, no one seemed to want your presence. You haven't felt lonelier in your life.

But it was alright! You were coping in some way, finding things to distract you from your miserable daily life. Such as going to the park, or perhaps a trip to the library. Somedays if you were feeling better, you'd even visit a cafe. As long as your parents thought you were happy it was going to be alright.

Today school was awful. You had a test and on top of everything you had a group project with people you barely knew. You certainly needed to do something to relax after all of that. You didn't bother going home to leave your backpack – you saw no point in doing that. Instead, as soon as school ended you headed for the park.

Choosing your favorite spot, you sat on the grass and pulled out your book. You knew that the sun would go down soon, yet you decided a little bit of reading wouldn't hurt. Flipping through the pages until you found your bookmark, you got comfortable on the grass before continuing on with the book.

It was fairly decent. It wasn't good enough to make it on your favorites list, but it still was interesting. You'd have to make a trip to the library soon enough to get a new one since you had almost finished this one. Perhaps after school tomorrow... it was Friday either way.

A water drop fell on your page, bringing you back to reality, only to realize that it was starting to rain. Surprise flood into you, making you jump up and gather your things as fast as you could. You looked around, a bit of panic making itself present in your chest – you didn't want to get your things soaked. You ran towards the closest building you could find.

Much to your surprise, it was a museum. You still haven't been here so you decided why not visit it while it rains? You had absolutely no idea what this museum was about (There probably was a sign somewhere, but you had surely missed it while running away).

As you entered the building you were surprised to find it almost empty. It looked like there were barely any visitors here. Shaking your jacket, along with your backpack, you tried to get rid of the water droplets before walking deeper into the building.

The first thing you noticed was the map of the place. Good, you wouldn't get lost. Secondly, after a bit of wandering the almost-empty halls, you found out that it was an art and culture museum. It was certainly new to look at all this stuff. And in all honesty, it was kind of fun! Learning about art and-

"Uh, excuse me?" a soft voice ripped you from the painting hung on the wall.

You turned around to the source of the voice only to find a boy, maybe around your age, coming your way. He still had his school uniform on, just like you, holding onto his wet backpack. One thing you found peculiar about him was his bright red hair, one strand of it, way too curly to be held back, stuck out to the side of his face. You found that adorable.

You simply greeted him with a hello.

"I was wondering... do you know where the main exhibition is? I've been trying to find it for a few minutes now..." he chuckled at the end, rubbing the back of his head. You couldn't help but smile. "I'm honestly a bit lost."

"I'm sorry to disappoint but I don't work here." You shook your head, offering him a small smile. "I'm actually fairly new around here. But..." You stuck out your hand, waiting to see if he'd accept it. "But perhaps we could search for it together? My name's (Y/N)."

The boy seemed slightly taken aback before a light blush covered his face, embarrassment clear on his face. "Oh! I'm sorry I got confused!" you chuckled. The boy relaxed slightly and took your hand, shaking it softly. "I'm Noriaki. It's a bit funny, but I'm new too."

Now it was your turn to gasp, a big smile spreading across your face as he smiled as well. "And I wouldn't mind if we tried to find it together."

Bonus:

The months went by. You had grown to be very good friends with Noriaki. He was basically your only beam of light in those dire times. There was nothing that could ruin your mood if you were with him.

You had everything you wanted – a friend. And it made you more than happy. Spending your weekends together, playing a video game, and trying to outdo each other's high scores. Or perhaps you'd watch a movie together on a sleepover. Either way, you loved spending your time with your best friend.

So, naturally, when he told you he'd have to go away for a month or so, you were heartbroken. "It's only a small trip with a bunch of friends" he had told you. At that time, you'd been slightly upset you wouldn't see your friend for another thirty or so days.

But you were left heartbroken as Noriaki never came back.