My Ray of Sunshine [Kars]

Warning: none

Requested by: clara__vas

Hi everyone! Thank you all for requesting <3 I wanted to apologize to you, because my school is starting again and my updates will be slightly slower (not every two days now). Thank you for your understandment!

also you'd not believe how hard it was to take apart my laptop and put it bakc together--

☆☆☆

The Earth was wonderful. It was full of life – from microscopic insects to large animals, ruling its land. There was a variety of landscapes. The planet was full of gorgeous nature, from thick jungle woods to the dry cold air of the arctic. You loved every inch of it and praised the universe for creating this land, worshipping the very earth you were walking on. You were thankful for even existing on such beautiful place.

Your people had walked and lived in many different places, giving you the opportunity to see many of the climates first hand. For now, you have retreated to the dry dessert. It wasn't as exciting as the previous placed that you'd lived at, but it was something different and new to you.

The only thing you longed for is to see those beautiful places in the sun's light. You were born a Pillar woman. The people of your race were gifted with wonderful powers, varying from long life to extreme physical power. Everyone had something special and unique added to their powers. Yet, as powerful your people were, there was one thing that could destroy you all in mere seconds.

The sun. Your worst enemy and the thing you longed for. Ever since you were brought to this world, your people kept telling you about the dangers of it. Each night they would remind you to not stay out during the day. 'One ray of sunshine and you're done!' they kept repeating. As if you haven't heard it before.

Yet, as they kept reminding you of how deadly it was it kept getting more interesting to you. The unknown was the most interesting.

And as any sane Pillarman, you decided to find a way to look at the sun. The first time you thought about that, you thought you were going insane. Was there even a way to do that? The answer, of course, was yes, there is a way. You found a way and a place, where you could see the sun, even if it was for a brief second, before retreating back to the caves where your people hid. It was your little secret.

As the night sky grew lighter color, you headed out. None of the elders stood in your way – they were already fed up with your attitude. If you wanted so badly to die, they weren't going to stop you. There were many other pillarmen heading inside the cave, all of them shooting glares your way.

As expected, you were alone outside. Besides the early birds and snakes, you didn't expect to see anyone else. It was always like this. You were all alone outside, no one to bug you or nag at you. It was completely silent and you loved it. It gave you a feeling of secrecy. This was something only you'd share with yourself and the universe. Your own little moment. This time, however, you were wrong.

Just as you walked around a rock, you spotted a man. He stood in front of a boulder, examining it. It was obviously one of your people, clear by the sight of the three horns sticking out of his purple mane. You were obviously shocked – why was he outside so late? The sun could raise any moment now. Could he possibly...? No, you shook your head. You had to stop thinking of such stupid things. You needed to grow up.

Cautiously, you approached his form. It didn't take him long to notice you too, soon turning to you. As you walked closer to him, you couldn't help but notice how large he is – he was towering over you. Even if he seemed about your age, fairly young, the man was tall.