Goodbyes [Hol Horse]

Warning: angst

Requested by: none

I found this in my drafts and decided to finish it. Made it angst cause I'm in the big sad once again, school is starting tomorrow and I'm not ready.

Plus I love Hol, fight me >:(

☆☆☆

Sunlight poured through the half-opened windows. It was still quite early in the morning – the sun had just risen. Early birds were just waking up, their songs still not quite right. A cold wind blew through the openings, making you shiver in your sleep. The windows were still open from yesterday – it was way too hot. The curtains would surely rip if you kept leaving them open like that.

You shifted in your bed, sleep escaping you. You felt yourself waking up and rose a hand to your face to shield you from the incoming light. A soft sound escaped your lips and you rubbed the sleep away from your eyes. Damn it. you were having such a good dream why did you have to wake up! It was so early - or was it late?

You looked sideways to the clock on the wall to see it read six. Your brows furrowed and you groaned low. It so damn early! Sure you had a problem falling asleep but this was ridiculous. Sitting up, you stretched. You outstretched your hand in an attempt to find Hol next to you, yet you were met with an empty bed.

Your face fell. He wasn't by your side once again. It meant only one thing and you hated it. You just wanted your sweet boyfriend for yourself, to spend some time together that's all. You didn't want to be rich just that stupid bastard had promised Hol. Neither did you want fame.

Just as you were about to get up to search for your boyfriend, he walked into the room. As expected he was dressed up, hat on his head and a gun in his hand. Even if he looked bizarre with that outfit, you adored it – you thought it actually suited him. a small frown rested on his face as he touched his pockets looking for something.

His frown only deepened when he wasn't able to find it. The stand user was looking for the small bandana you'd made him not long ago. Ever since you gifted it to him, he insisted on wearing it constantly; he kept repeating it was his lucky charm. Yet, now he wasn't able to find it. Now, when he needed it the most!

You watched, expecting something to happen. But the man only stood there, unaware of you being awake. A low string of curses slipped out of his lips. Hol walked around the room, looking into drawers and behind things. It was useless! Letting go of the shirt that he was holding, he let it fall back on the ground where he found it. Falling back onto his butt, he let out a soft sigh – he wasn't able to find it anywhere.

With curiosity you examined him walk around the room. It didn't take you long to realize that he was looking for your gift. A smile spread across your lips. And it became even wider when you saw your gift handing out of his back pocket. As quietly as possible you shifted in your bed and reached for a discarded shirt. You pulled it over your head, covering your naked body.

Hol was slightly startled when he felt a pair of arms wrapping around his torso. He relaxed once he noticed it was you. Pushing a soft kiss on the side of his face you looked at him, the man looking back.

"Good morning, darling" he whispered before kissing the top of your head. You let out a string of small giggles before replying with a 'good morning'. One of your hands traveled down to his back pocket. The man shot you a funny look.

"Love, it's way too early for that and I-" his snarky comment was cut off by you playfully punching his arm. "It's not that you horny idiot!" you both shared a laugh. Quickly pulling the bandana out of his reach you jumped on the bed in an attempt to run away from him. His shocked expression soon turned into a playful one.

"It was you!" he jumped to his feet and approached you. Raising your hands above your head you tried keeping it out of his reach. Yet, Hol was a tall man – he'd easily get it. And just as expected, he grabbed you by your waist and brought you down onto the bed. Laughs left your lips as you both collapsed down.

Quickly he snatched it out of your hand and put it around his hat. You took off his hat and let it rest beside you on the bed. Both of your laughs died down. Taking his face in your hands, you stroked the sides of it with your thumbs. Your smile soon turned into a sad one when you remembered you don't have time with him.

"Do you really have to go...?" you looked right at his eyes. The smile on his face vanished and he leaned into your touch. He placed a soft kiss on your palm before locking eyes with you once again.

"I have to, my love. Lord Dio is expecting me to-" he was cut off by you sighing and pulling your hands away from his face and instead of letting them fall beside you. you shifted your gaze sideways and away from him, clearly annoyed.

"Lord Dio this, Dio that." You sighed "Hol, I don't care how much money he promised you or whatever else – I just want you here and safe." Your words were almost a whisper. It pained the man to see you so distressed and sad. But how could he tell you that your life was in danger? How could he tell you that you possessed powers like his? Hol knew you well and was sure that you'd insist on going with him. he couldn't put you in any more danger than you already are.

"You failed once again" the vampire had told him. He remembers the dread that came every time he was in the same room as the vampire. This time, however, Hol was sure he'd made the grave mistake of coming back to him. "I expect you to not fail again, Hol Horse." Dio had spoken, his velvet voice sending shivers down his spine. "If you value your girl's life, you wouldn't let me down, would you?"

Hol pushed the bitter memory out of his mind and tried focusing on you once again. He lowered his lips and connected them with your forehead. "I'll be back before you know it." he tried reassuring you.

Your (E/C) eyes snapped back to his, unsureness clear in them. "Promise me you'll be safe." The man inhaled before exhaling softly. He leaned one again and left a light kiss on your lips.

"I promise you, I'll come back safe and sound." He offered you one last timid smile that you returned. Sharing the last hug, you parted ways.

Bonus

Not even ten minutes after Hol Horse was shot with his own stand, Dio's minions learned about it. As ordered beforehand one of them had to take care of something. And not even thirty minutes after the incident one of them was in front of your home.

"Hol?" you had asked excitedly once you heard the front door open. Fear settled inside you as you saw not your boyfriend in the doorway, but a different man, a strange ghost-like figure forming behind him.

A week later Hol was ready to return home, to your warm welcoming hugs, and never ever leave your side again. He was more than eager to see your face once again. Yet, as he entered his home, he was only met with emptiness.