Art [Kira Yoshikage]

Warning: none

Requested by: Hishoka420

NOTE: teen!Kira

Im sick so there'll be more frequent updates! anyways this turned out a bit shorter than i wanted it to be.

btw sketch above by me!

☆☆☆

Yet another sigh escaped your lips. Why did the teacher have to pick you for this stupid project?! You barely knew anything about art and now you had to make a project all by yourself about a specific artist by your choice. You see, normally you'd have no problem with this assignment. You actually liked making projects for school.

Then what was the problem? You hated working alone. Not only that, but your art teacher was the biggest bitch you've ever met. He would lower your grade for the smallest of mistakes, just because you weren't as talented as others. The man just hated you. At least the feeling was mutual.

You flipped the pages of the same book once again, waiting for something to grab your attention. Claude Monet? No, no you didn't really like landscapes. Your eyes stopped on one painting with bright colors in various different shapes. You read the note beside it and slightly cringed. 'Henri Matisse? No way, his art is too weird for me'. You flipped a couple of pages, missing Frida Kahlo, Gustav Klimt, Rembrandt and many others.

Then your eyes stopped on one page. It was perhaps the most famous painting in the world. Mona Lisa. Meaning that there would be a lot of material for it! It was certainly an easy choice and would earn you a good mark. Who didn't like Leonardo da Vinci?

You closed the little booklet and stood up from your chair. After asking the library staff, you headed for the art section. The plan was simple – get a book, a guide perhaps, about Leonardo da Vinci, or at least about his paintings. And the plan really sounded simple. And it would've been easy to execute if the said book wasn't missing.

You've checked the section almost two times now, yet you couldn't find that damned book! Perhaps someone has taken it before you? Why did you have the worst luck out of everyone you knew? An angered groan let your mouth and you finally sat down on the ground. This was awful. How were you going to finish the assignment now?

"Hey" a voice suddenly pulled you away from your self-pity trip "are you ok?" lifting your head, you looked up to a blond boy. He looked maybe around your age and had the most beautiful blue eyes you've ever seen. But those beautiful eyes just stared down at you, seemingly without any interest.

"I- uh, yes I'm ok" you mumbled, getting up from the ground. As you fixed your clothes, you noticed that the boy kept staring at you. "U-um" you started awkwardly "I'm (Y/N)" you extended your arm over to shake his.

Just then you noticed that he was holding a book. A book that seemed really, really familiar... Before he could introduce himself, you pointed at him. "That's the book I was searching for!" you half shouted, startling the boy.

"I didn't know you liked da Vinci that much." He spoke, voice soft and low. The boy looked down at the book in his arms and then up at you. You shifted kind of uncomfortably under his gaze. You were growing embarrassed by the second from your sudden outburst. You let your hand drop back to your side.

"I'm Kira" the boy offered you the book "And if you want, I can help you with whatever you need to know about da Vinci." He smiled softly at you and you took the book from his hands.

"I'd love that, Kira!" you smiled brightly at him.