Warmth [Ghiaccio]

Warning: none

Requested by: SorbetTheCracker

Ghiaccio is my second favorite character and I just---

ᵢ ₗₒᵥₑ ₕᵢₘ 

★★★

The weather today was a bit harsher than the day before. Instead of a sunny winter day, like the previous past days, today was snowing hard. The blizzard showed no signs of stopping soon and it was getting on everyone's nerves. Some were lucky to stay holed up inside their warm homes and read a book or watch something. Meanwhile, some poor souls, like your dear boyfriend, were forced to take the trip to the local shop.

You had promised to wait for him, yet it was getting quite late. Almost all of La squadra's members had gone to their own rooms, except for Formaggio who was still searching for his cat. You had made yourself a nest with a bunch of blankets and pillows on the sofa while waiting. After your second cup of tea, the absence of your boyfriend began to worry you. Sure, Ghiaccio is best suit for cold weather due to his stand. He would surely have no trouble with it. Yet, it had almost been an hour. Why does it take him so long to get some snacks and beer?

You let out a sigh and put the empty cup down. Deciding that the worry won't go away until he came back, you closed your eyes. The fatigue that had built up during the past weeks finally took over you. you fell into a dreamless sleep.

Stupid blizzard. Stupid shop owner. Ugh, stupid Risotto! Ghiaccio growled low as he thought about this stupid storm. It was all going well, until that stupid shop owner decided to 'joke' with him, saying that "milk was a sauce". It enraged him, to say the least. And now he had lost way too much time arguing with the man. He had lost time in a meaningless fight. The time he could've spent with you. Groaning low once again, Ghiaccio pushed the front door and entered.

The man didn't bother announcing that he's home. Instead, he headed for the kitchen where he left the groceries. On his way, he noticed you, snuggled up in your blankets and asleep. Immediately, a small longing feeling for your hugs formed in the ice gremlin. Rushing to the kitchen, he pushed the whole bag of groceries inside the fridge, not bothering to unpack. He needed to calm down and he knew just how. Walking back inside the room, Ghiaccio approached you. Careful not to wake you up, he crawled underneath your blanket and got in between your legs. Wrapping his arms around your torso, he huddled close to you. Pushing his face against your neck, the man finally let his face relax, inhaling your scent. It didn't take him long to melt into your warmth and fall asleep on top of you.

You felt hot. The uneasy feeling of overheating was slowly setting in. Annoyed at the fact that this sudden warmth had woken you up from the pleasant nap, you let out a low groan. Lazily you opened your eyes. You were happily surprised to find the room dark; no lamp was turned on. You tried raising your hand to rub the sleep away from your eyes, but once you felt something warm and soft below it, you stopped. In your sleep, your hand had wrapped around something, holding it close. Or perhaps someone.

Tilting your head down, you were met with bright blue curly hair snuggled close to you. A soft smile spread across your lips. Your boyfriend was back. His face was uncharacteristically relaxed - his usual scowl was gone. It truly was a sight – a sight that only you could see. His lips weren't pulled down in a frown and instead were slightly parted as he breathed. His thin eyebrows now calm and slightly raised. It was something only you got to see when he was asleep. You leaned down to place a soft kiss on top of his forehead.

A small frown found its way onto your face as you noticed his red glasses now stood crookedly on the bridge of his nose. 'You always forget to take them off...' you thought. You raised your hand and as carefully as possible took them off his face. Folding them and putting them on the nearby table. Returning your focus on his sleeping face once again, you couldn't help but feel tempted to play with his hair. And you did just that. Your fingers found their way in between his big curls, gently caressing his soft hair. Soft hums escaped your lips. The touch of his silk hair relaxed you even more. The feeling of him in your arms always calmed you and made you feel safe. Even if his special ability was connected to ice, his hugs were always surprisingly warm. It didn't take long for you to fall back asleep, cuddled closely against your boyfriend.