Inspiration [Rohan Kishibe]

Warning: none

Requested by: no one

I wrote this yesterday entirely for myself cause Rohan is by far my favorite character and I needed something to lift my mood.

☆☆☆

Josuke slammed down his notebook on the table. His face was scrunched up in a deep frown, his eyes glowing with a dangerous vibe. If he was in an anime there would be streams of hot air coming out of his ears. That's how furious he was. And the reason behind it was that yet another person had insulted his hair.

Someone had drawn a small doodle in his notebook while he was looking away. The picture itself was nothing but a stick figure with poo on his head; an arrow pointing towards him with the words "Josuke >:(". It was probably a boy from another class, jealous of all the attention that Josuke was getting from the girls.

He only noticed it now, when he opened the notebook up to start on his homework. You, Koichi, and Okuyasu burst out laughing from the poorly drawn picture. After school, you decided that it would be best to get some coffee or tea and then study there together.

"That idiot!" Josuke whined once again, waving his arms in the air. Okuyasu was already crying, holding his stomach from all the laughs. Your own giggles soon died down when you saw people from neighbor tables glaring at you. Slight worry settled in your gut as you tried to calm your friend down.

"It's ok Josuke! He knows nothing about good taste!" You tried cheering him up. Instead, he gripped your shoulder, not too tight, nodding in agreement.

"Of course he knows nothing, (Y/N)! He must be blind or something!" He puffed out his cheeks, eyebrows knit together. He let out one last grunt before slumping down his seat and crossing his arms. Okuyasu has managed to calm down a bit by now.

"Oi Josuke." He started, looking down at his best friend's notebook. "Say... this does look a bit like you, you know, from all the --" he was cut off by Josuke bolting from his seat and launching at his best friend.

"I AM GOING TO KILL YOU OKUYASU!" Josuke screamed, raising his fists in the air threateningly. Koichi excused himself, heading off somewhere. But no one was able to hear him say that, as you were busy trying to stop Josuke from ripping Okuyasu's head off.

Not too far away from the café sat Rohan Kishibe on a bench. He had his precious sketchbook in his lap, sketching away. Today was a rather sunny day, yet not too hot. It was a good day to go out and do research for his manga – he concluded. He needed a new concept for the new ark in his story and for now, he was struggling with the character design.

His pen lightly tapped against his lips as he stared at the paper below him. The mangaka was sending light glares in its way as if the paper itself was responsible for his little art block.

You see, the problem he was currently having was not that he was lacking ideas. Oh no – he was full of ideas and inspiration. Then what is it? Is it the writing? The personality of this new character? Or perhaps it was the backstory? None of those things was a problem to him as he had already figured all of them out. He knew exactly how his character acted and how they would interfere with the plot – he knew them as if it was his own personal life.

The problem he was having was with the design. And no it isn't about what the character wears. It was the annoying fact that whenever he started drawing the same face would pop up. No matter how hard he tried, each time he began working on the face, hair, or body type it turned out the same. And that character was looking awfully familiar.