The Good Soldier [Ghiaccio]

Warning: angst and slight gore towards the end

Requested by:  Coconauts1

That's right, I am back with a new chapter. Wooohooooo.

☆☆☆

Ghiaccio's eyes stayed glued on the road, yet in his blind rage, he couldn't notice anything on his way. By far, he had narrowly missed three people and f̶o̶u̶r five cars. On top of that, the speed limit didn't exist to him. Yes, I would never trust him to drive me anywhere. Some might even wonder if he even has a license or if he just stole a random car. Either way, whoever decided it was a good idea to let him drive wasn't very smart. But Ghiaccio's mind was elsewhere – he couldn't be bothered to worry about silly little road laws. There was something far more important to think about. And that thing was you.

Usually, he wasn't clingy. Almost the opposite – he didn't like showing affection in front of other people. Only behind closed doors could you make him give you a kiss or a hug. But god damn it, he wished he could hold you right now. Who knew what could be happening to you?

You'd been missing all morning. And usually, Ghiaccio wouldn't worry: perhaps you were on a mission. The whole gang was very busy and barely had days without any tasks to complete. But it was already night. You had never taken so much time on a mission and Ghiaccio was getting worried. To top it all off, Risotto had said today you had a day off. It was the thing that set off the iceman. You were supposed to be home, or with him. Yet, you weren't. Where were you? Who knew what was happening to you? Were you even safe?

The car came to a stop in front of your apartment complex, the man inside it running off to the building. But as Ghiaccio arrived at your apartment, he found it dark, cold, and empty. You weren't there. You weren't there. You were gone. Worry settled deep inside the man, making his heart sink at the thoughts of what could've happened to you here. He clenched his teeth. There were obvious signs that there was a fight here – from gunshots to torn pillows and holes that were surely made from someone's stand. Someone had attacked you for sure. And by the signs of it, they were more than one.

Ghiaccio's mind raced with thoughts of what could be happening to you, each next thought worse than the previous one. One couldn't leave his mind: "Was this another punishment from the boss? No, he thought, why would they do this? There was no logical reason. We had paid for our mistake, learned it. Why would he go for another one of our team?", it didn't make sense. The logical side of him kept saying that there is no reason for you to be murdered – at this point the boss would only be weakening his team. But the image of you, cut into million pieces and framed into some kind of twisted art piece couldn't leave his mind.

With no second thought about what consequences could follow at his actions, the assassin ran back inside his car, flooring the gas. He had no idea where they could've taken you. Or what they could want. But he was almost certainly sure who has taken you. There was only one person (two to be precise) in all of Passione that could leave such marks. A few puddles of water told him all he needed to know.

Sure, he had seen them only once, and it was by accident, but he knew exactly who he was after. Ghiaccio didn't know their names (not that they really mattered), the only important thing he knew was that the people who took you were a part of the Boss' Unità Speciale. Which of course, made things a lot harder. Saving you would mean becoming a traitor. Even if his whole team did try to go against the boss before, this time it would surely lead them to their death.

But you were worth dying for.  He'd do anything just to make sure you were safe.

Ghiaccio wasn't really sure where he was going – he was going by intuition. Perhaps this time he'd be lucky and actually get to you on time. The rational part of his brain kept screaming at him to turn back around and go back to his team, to report to Risotto, or basically anything other than trying to confront those stand users alone. He knew how dangerous it could be. Yet, those thoughts had gone silent, the only thing on his mind was that he needed to save you before it was too late. There really wasn't anything more important than you at the moment. Truly, on the inside he was panicking, a sickening feeling he hadn't really felt before, all masked by his anger towards the boss and his people.

He was getting reckless.

☆☆☆

Risotto had gathered all of his remaining teammates in the headquarters. He had said that he had some important information to share. So, there they were, all five of them, sitting in the small run-down apartment, waiting for Risotto to announce the news.

"There is some new information regarding the boss." The man finally said, breaking the deafening silence. The rest of his teammates visibly tensed at the mention of the mysterious man. Risotto continued: "Information about his daughter."

"Daughter?" Formaggio suddenly questioned.

"Are... are you sure about this one? A daughter?" Pesci meekly joined.

"Are you implying something, Risotto?" Prosciutto's careful voice managed to stop them before it turned into a hoard of questions. "To go against him once again-"

"It's only a matter of time before the boss gets rid of the rest of us too. At least, we could try."

The room went silent after that. There was obvious sorrow and desperation in Risotto's otherwise calm voice. It was beyond unnerving to hear him like that. But they all knew he was right. They didn't have much longer.

"We have to try." Risotto pushed once again. "Before we lose more of our team."

The memories from a few days ago truly hadn't left them. The disappearance of two other members of their team was just the same nightmare from two years ago over again. Before they even had the thought about searching for the two, their mangled bodies were left at the doorstep of their headquarters. There was honestly no way to tell... what they were looking at. It looked as if their bodies had been cut and sewn back together into something terrifying. The rest of La Squadra couldn't stand the sight of their fallen teammates.

Now there were only six of them left.