Uncomfortable

LIZZY

ੈ⋆。˚. ੈ⋆。˚. ੈ⋆。˚. ੈ⋆。˚.ੈ⋆。˚. ੈ⋆。˚. ੈ⋆。˚. ੈ⋆。˚. ੈ

Wednesday, September 16th

"Ready yet?" Sam shouts towards my bathroom door. Holding hair clips between my teeth I stand in front of my full body mirror and clip the last two in my hair. Since I cut my hair just recently a little shorter there's always one or two strands going somewhere they're not supposed to. I humm in response and turn my back to face the mirror and look over my shoulder to check the dress from behind.

Sighing I come to exit the bathroom. I jump a little in my spot when I open the door and Sam only stands right in front of it. "Hi." I chuckle uneasily. He's taking my face into his two hands and gives me a deep kiss. I close my eyes at the feeling and smile a little. "Ready to go?".

Nodding my head yes he takes my hand and leads me to the door. On the way I quickly reach out to grab my purse and keys. Once we're outside I lock the door to my bedroom. Sam's parents invited us for dinner today so that's where we're heading to at the moment. I'm actually a little nervous because they said they have an announcement to make but on the other hand they seem to have to make one every week.

It's half past 7 pm so most students are either out or doing stuff in their own bedrooms. It's kind of funny how empty the floors look most of the time with almost two hundred students living here. Sam's actual home is something like a 20 minutes walk from here so we didn't want to make the effort and get the car. Which led to me deciding against high heels. After all these years I still find wearing them a little uncomfortable.

I thank Samu when he holds the doors of the school open for me. He steps out himself after me and quickly catches up to walk beside me. After ten minutes or so of us walking he grabs something from the depth of his pants pockets which happend to be a cigarette box. Opening it he takes out one for himself and places it between his lips. He was about to let it sink down in his pockets again but reaches over his hand to let me have one. I sigh and grab a cigarette myself.

Sam takes out a lighter from his pants too and holds it up for me first. I swear boys have all of their belongings in their pants pocket. I tilt my head a little and take a quick drag when the end of my cigarette lights up in an orange color. I remove it from my mouth and let the smoke release through my nostrils as I breathe out. "Remember when we said we wanted to quit?" I ask.

"Yeah," Sam chuckles and brings up the cigarette to his lips again, "funny were we.". I laugh a little myself and look down to the deathly little stick between my pointing and middle finger.