Do I Wanna Know?

EMILY

ੈ⋆。˚. ੈ⋆。˚. ੈ⋆。˚. ੈ⋆。˚.ੈ⋆。˚. ੈ⋆。˚. ੈ⋆。˚. ੈ⋆。˚. ੈ

Thursday, October 15th

"Hi." I say as I reach the table Lucas is sitting at. It's cold outside even though there's not one cloud to see but only the yellow round ball which sadly doesn't seem to spend any warmth. Lucas sits with his legs crossed on the bench and does some homework. When I look down at his papers it's the assignments we got for English only like ten minutes ago.

He looks up at my words and I can tell from his eyes that he's very surprised to see me here. "Hey." He quietly greets me back and moves a little to the side to make me some space on the bench. I shake my head a little, "I'm not staying. I just wanted to tell you something." I tell him. "Look, I really am sorry for lying to you on Saturday. I felt like I shouldn't tell you.." he immediately says and lays down the pencil he held before.

"That's what I want to talk to you about. You and Margot, are y'all a thing now?" I ask and grab hold on my bag that I carry on my shoulder. I look down to the boy and wait for an answer. I discussed a lot with myself whether I should tell him what the boys told me in the beginning of the week. I feel like that I may shouldn't because it really is none of my business. Then again I really can't stand the thought of Lucas getting fooled by this rude girl with too much arrogance to handle. I don't remember when she got this mean.

For a second Lucas seems a bit taken aback. He blushes. "I, uh, I'm not sure to be honest. We hang out a lot. Kind of?" He goes and it comes off more like a question to me. I sigh internally. Poor boy. Suddenly I change my mind and decide to sit down next to him on the bench. "Then we have to talk." I say.

Again, I spend some time thinking whether I should tell him or not. However, I just realize that I not once thought about how I would tell him, if I decided to. It's a little hard for me right now to think of a way. "Here's the thing. Um. I don't believe Margot thinks that way too. I may be wrong though I mean I haven't talked to her in a while. But Ian and Sam told me that she's said things about you. Things that don't stand for a relationship between you two.". That seemed okay, right?

Lucas frowns and pulls his legs a little nearer. "What things?" He asks. I really don't like being the deliverer of bad news. First and last time. "They told me that she said she'd only be with you to have you doing things for her like homework or helping her to write essays and stuff." I tell him and place my bag on my lap. I hug it to my chest and look at him. "Have you been doing stuff like that for her?" I ask.

He looks taken aback but finally nods his head yes in a slow way after some time "sometimes.". I deeply breathe out. "Listen, Margot is dumb for doing this. I don't know when and why she started to be such a dumbass." I mumble and grab his hand. "Are you sure?" Lucas asks and looks at me with his pretty eyes. Slowly but surely I nod my head yes at his question.