Shy Away

JOHNNY

ੈ⋆。˚. ੈ⋆。˚. ੈ⋆。˚. ੈ⋆。˚.ੈ⋆。˚. ੈ⋆。˚. ੈ⋆。˚. ੈ⋆。˚. ੈ

Sunday, October 4th

"Morning, darling!" I greet after opening the door to reveal the pretty girl now standing in front of me. She giggles and enters my office, then stops only a few steps away. That I only noticed after closing the door and turning around again. Suddenly she stood right in front of me. She looks up to me with her blue eyes and holds the handle of her bag with both of her hands.

I run my tongue over the inside of my cheek and grin back at her. "What can I do for you?" She rounds in a quiet tone. I raise my eyebrows at her question. "What?" I ask. "What assignments do I have to do today?" She asks more specifically this time. My eyes widen slightly in realization. I step away and walk behind my desk to quickly get her papers out. I cough slightly when handing her those. "Just some um from what we did this week. Also, I thought if you'll finish those quickly we could already try something new?".

She takes the papersheets from my hand and sits down on the chair at the other side of my desk. "Something new?" She asks when hanging her bag over the edge of the chair, her eyes still on today's assignments. "Yes. We'll have another test tomorrow and after that there'll be a new topic for your course." I tell her and rest my underarms on the wooden desk.

"You're giving me a head start?" She smiles and puts the papers back on the table. Then she turns her torso a bit to get a pencil out of her bag. I shrug my shoulders but end up nodding my head. "Let's see how far I'll come." She goes and moves her chair a little closer to the desk.

I lean back in my chair and cross my arms over my chest. I stopped bringing my books. Even when she's not speaking there's no time for me to read. I like watching her. It is the way she sits there and does anything in such calm and natural ease. Like everything is a habit of hers. But almost every time I think that way and start admiring her actions I can't quite let go of the fact that I'm stumbling on thin ice with this one here.

She's not like the girls to hit on at clubs or bars. She's not someone I can spend a night with then abandon from my life forever. She's not crazy about me. She wouldn't throw herself on the floor for me, begging to have me doing something for her. She's different and I believe that is what's making her so interesting to me. The variety.

At some point a few minutes later she lifts her gaze. It luckily was a moment I did not stare at her so that it took me a few seconds to notice it. "I need help." She says a little ashamed and presses her pink lips together. I raise the corner of my mouth when I stand up from my chair to walk over at her side. Resting a hand on the table I stop behind her chair and take a look at the paper in front of her. She points to an assignment at the bottom of the sheet and turns her head to look at me, biting her lip.