Friends

LIZZY

ੈ⋆。˚. ੈ⋆。˚. ੈ⋆。˚. ੈ⋆。˚.ੈ⋆。˚. ੈ⋆。˚. ੈ⋆。˚. ੈ⋆。˚. ੈ

Friday, September 25th

"You good?". I look up from the test and turn my head to gaze at Emily. She's spinning her pencil around on the table, resting her head in the palm of her hand and looking over at me through some strands of brown hair. "I'm done. Like, done!" I scream whisper back and grin widely at her. The tests Mr. Depp gives us every Friday are getting easier every time and I'm surprised as hell.

Em smiles and winks at me before rapidly looking down to the paper as our teacher speaks up. "Anybody talking over there?" Mr. Depp shouts. I look up and notice he's coming towards our table. Shit. "No. Sorry." I mumble and lean back in my chair.

He continues to walk our way anyways and stops in front of me, only the table separating us. "Asking your neighbors for answers?" He asks and crosses arms over his chest. I shake my head no and respond "no no. I'm done!". As if he was a child and I just promised him some chocolate his facial contours changed into a smile. Mr. Depp reaches out his right hand and takes up the paper. I watch his eyes roaming it for a bit. His smiles didn't fade, if anything it grew a little.
"Excellent." He says as quiet as possible to where only I could hear it and winks at me with his left eye.

I blush. Him shouting two minutes left suddenly sounds blurry in my ears. He walks back to the desk in front of all students and rests his butt on the edge. Exactly two minutes later Mr. Depp commands Emily and I to get everyone's test and bring them to the front. I do as I'm told and collect everybody's paper from the left side while Em goes right. I approach the teachers desk first and pass him the stack of paper. "Thank you." He says and whysover grabs it by the side I'm holding it, brushing my fingers when I let go.

I raise my eyebrows but only get a smile back. "Here." My friend says when she finally got her side finished too. I didn't realize I was holding my breath until Mr. Depp broke our eye contact to look at Emily instead. I turn around and walk back to our table with her.

It's ten minutes to the end of our lesson and actually the whole school day. Mr. Depp only gives us a short homework before allowing us to go. "Have a good weekend." He shouts as some students already pack their stuff, making loud noises. For some reason I'm not one of those students.

I get up from the chair and swing my bag over my shoulder. I had to wait a little for Emily but soon enough she was ready to go too. "Can you tell me what's going on between the two of you?" She says and points to our teacher in front who currently stuffs a notebook in his bag. As I give her a questioning look she adds "the winking and smirking!". "Nothing," I go and contour my face in disbelief "he's only.. the fuck. No, I mean.. oh shut up!".