Rebels

LIZZY

ੈ⋆。˚. ੈ⋆。˚. ੈ⋆。˚. ੈ⋆。˚.ੈ⋆。˚. ੈ⋆。˚. ੈ⋆。˚. ੈ⋆。˚. ੈ

Saturday, September 26th

"We should hurry, don't you think?" Emily asks while biting on her lip. She lifts her gaze to look at me through the reflection of the mirror in front of us. I only notice it from the corner of my eye. I'm having my eyes on one strand of her hair that I free from the curling iron right now. "Chill, honey, you said around eight. There'll be no one until like ten." I chuckle. "Your hair's finished tho." I say and put away the curling iron, back on the table in front of her. Em pushes her curls in front of her shoulders and turns her head from right to left. "You look great." I assure her. She thanks me. My bestie wears a light blue dress from a soft material that almost reaches her knees. It's one of her favorites. It's tight around the torso, then goes wide from above the hip.

Emily stands up from the chair and walks over to her bed to get the purse she searched out. "We should go then.", she checks her phone before adding "the boys are complaining already".

I laugh and take my jacket before opening the door to Emily's bedroom. "That's all they do.". We exit Em's bedroom and hurry to get out of the building. Outside I spot Ian in his car. Sam sits next to him and both dramatically sigh when we "finally" get over. Ian wears a light blue shirt that unintentionally matches perfectly with Emily's dress while Sam is dressed in a black shirt. I can count three golden chains around his neck.

"Be quiet and drive." Emily giggles and puts on her seatbelt once we got in the backseat. Ian mumbles something under his breath I can't understand before pulling over and driving to the club. We arrive soon after. On our way Em told us that there already were a few dudes setting everything up so we would only have to get the keys to lock the doors once we're through.

Ian let us out in front of the door before searching for an empty parking lot. A little elderly man stands next to the wide doors. He leans sideways against the walls and has a cigarette in his hand, just a few inches away from his mouth. When Em pushes the car door shut he turns his head to look at us. "Emily Park?" He goes and throws the cigarette on the ground before stepping on it. Emily nods her head yes and takes a few steps forward. They exchange quick words before he gives her the keys. The man gazes up when he walks past Samuel and I, then leaves. "Let's get insiiiide!" Em grins and jingles the keys in her hands.

The club basically was just a huge room with a few tables in the back. The windows were hidden behind red curtains while lamps would reflect colorful light from the ceiling. On the right side was a long but thin table, carrying food and obviously alcohol. Once you entered you could spot something like an inside balcony above the doors where the DJ would normally have his space. Just a few days ago we created a list of songs Em gave to the club owners so they would set that up too. This was around nine pm. Only like fifteen minutes later the first guests arrived.