Hangover

JOHNNY

ੈ⋆。˚. ੈ⋆。˚. ੈ⋆。˚. ੈ⋆。˚.ੈ⋆。˚. ੈ⋆。˚. ੈ⋆。˚. ੈ⋆。˚. ੈ

Sunday, September 27th

Another Sunday. I admit that at first I only thought of this time as an adjournment of my regular reading schedule but nowadays there isn't much time for my books either. She's not as quiet anymore and talks much. And what confuses me the most is that I don't feel the urge to make her shut that pretty mouth of hers but rather want her to tell me even more.

There's something in this very student that interests me and I really want to figure out what. I like being stuck in my office for almost six hours with her. It's an interesting and even fun part of my week. I usually like to have an understanding and respectful relationship with my students. They're more attentive and motivated during class when someone they actually like is talking to them. It's easier for me to reach them and easier for them to follow me. But with Jones it is different in some way.

I let out an unnoticeable sigh at my thoughts and gulp the last sip of my coffee. Then I put the cup away and get my bag. It's upstairs, in my office. On my way down again I think about if I should take a jacket with me or not. With a quick look outside I notice the sky is not as blue as I would've liked. Then again I'll only hang out inside so I figure a jacket won't be necessary.

With my bag hanging over my shoulder I leave my apartment and lock the door behind me. When I exit the house I'm glad I didn't make myself wearing a jacket. It's warmer than it looks. I get my car from the garage underneath the building I live in and make my way to the school. It usually is only a five to ten minute drive. But today I tried to hurry since I ignored my alarm this morning and fell asleep for another couple of minutes. On top of that there must've been something like an accident or event kind of thing because two streets from my apartment and I'm stuck in traffic. Why today?

It takes a while but slowly I can finally park my car outside the school. I feel really stressed right now and almost forget my bag in the back of the car from how much I want to hurry to get inside. I jog towards the entrance and open the doors. When I finally reach my office I'm surprised to not see Jones anywhere. I'm much later than usual. I swear to God if she dismisses this detention she'll have to spend her Sundays with me for the rest of this semester! I open the door with my keys and walk over to the desk. Her being not here yet calms me though. I hurried all the way up the stairs for no reason. Before sitting down I let my bag fall down beside the chair. My eyes look down to the watch around my wrist.

I gues there's not much to do than wait. I decide to wait ten more minutes. If she doesn't make the effort to show up by then- I don't get to finish my thought. There was a knock on my door. Standing up from my chair again I tell the person to come in. The doorknob moves and two seconds later the pretty girl steps in. It's got to be the first time I see her in buggy clothes. She wears wide shorts and a black, oversized shirt with the picture of an old movie on it. On her nose rest dark sunglasses. "Morning." She almost whispers and kicks the door shut, flinching in the exact same moment. She contours her face in pain and curses under her breath before taking quick steps to my desk.