Strawberries & Cigarettes

LIZZY

ੈ⋆。˚. ੈ⋆。˚. ੈ⋆。˚. ੈ⋆。˚.ੈ⋆。˚. ੈ⋆。˚. ੈ⋆。˚. ੈ⋆。˚. ੈ

Sunday, September 20th

It's Sunday again. Yay. My third weekend with detention at Mr. Depps office. I'm not gonna lie he has helped me a lot in physics. Even though my oral participation still suffered from my laziness the tests we have improved a lot. Mr. Depp likes to have a test every week to make sure every student really knows what we're learning and to see if there's any obscurities in any specific topic. That way he forces us to study and understand which is actually pretty smart.

The whole course started to appreciate and enjoy him as a teacher since he somehow gets along with young people very well. Probably because he's not that old either. That makes it very hard for me to dislike him but I'm trying my best. I don't have no explanation why he seems to be alright but gave me two months detention in first place. It just seems odd and doesn't fit.

Last week was better than the first time. Which to be honest wasn't as bad as I thought either. Finishing the papers, eating pizza and getting out of his office sooner than he promised doesn't sound too bad, does it. Last Sunday was similar except that we went for Chinese food. On top of that we had less bitchy attitudes to one another. But I liked how we both stayed silent for most of the time so I could focus, finish the papers and leave quickly.

Today I woke up a little earlier. Probably because it was just Em and me studying in the evening which is a huge excuse to get to bed early.

This year September is still very warm so there thankfully was no need for long pants and sweatshirts yet. Today I went for white shorts and a blue strapless shirt. When I gaze into my mirror I notice that my hair looks like I should wash it before heading upstairs. I decide against it though and only put it up into a bun to where I look presentable. It should work for four to six hours.

I also thought about bringing some food this time. I sure am not the only one who likes to snack throughout the day and even though I often regret and try to resist my urge to do it I mostly end up falling for. I like food, sue me.
I leave my bedroom and lock it before walking to another door a little down the hallway. Opening it I enter the kitchen for the few bedrooms around here us students are allowed to use whenever we want. It's also where we can store our own food and groceries we bought added to usual stuff the school makes available for us like milk, bread and stuff.

I first get myself a cup and fill it with water to wake up my stomach. I almost drink it empty in one turn before placing it back on the counter. I abruptly jump in my spot when I notice someone sitting on the table a few meters away from me. When you walk in the room you're right in the center of the kitchen with counters surrounding you. At the end of the room is a huge window that almost takes up the whole wall and which has a table in front of it with three chairs. The nerd, Lucas, sits on one of them. I howsoever didn't spot him at first.