Chapter 8

Lyra stood somewhat nervously before the family of vampires, notebook clenched tightly in her hands. "I hope you guys realize how serious she has been about this." Emmett told his family, "She's spent every night this week going through books and journals, taking notes to prepare herself for this."

"Shut up, Emmett." She hissed at her boyfriend before looking at the others, "He's exaggerating."

Alice flashed past Lyra, snatching the notebook from her hands, raising a brow as she began to flip through it. "These are some pretty detailed notes for Emmett to not be telling the truth." Alice stated before handing the notebook to Carlisle, who was showing curiosity towards what was written.

Lyra sighed before flashing over to Carlisle, taking her notebook back, and going back to where she was standing, "Can you two stop subtly teasing me for wanting to give you guys accurate facts?"

"I think it's nice that you put so much effort in for us." Jasper told her.

"Thank you, Jasper-"

"She's just trying to impress us because we're her boyfriend's family." Edward told everyone, gaining a glare from the banshee.

"You-"

"Okay!" Esme exclaimed before Lyra and Edward started bickering, "Let's just start, shall we?"

Lyra cleared her throat, "Right, um... How 'bout you guys ask me questions and I'll answer them to the best of my ability?"

After they all nodded, Carlisle was the first to speak, "Emmett said you were sick last week."

"Yes," Lyra agreed, "That was the result of my banshee DNA awakening. A mix of being surrounded by vampires and the adrenaline of a near death experience kind of sparked my inner banshee. The reason why I was sick though is because my human body was rejecting the banshee DNA that had to rewrite my biology, hence why I had a high fever and was vomiting a black goo."

"I'm sorry, did you say black goo?" Carlisle asked in disbelief.

"Yeah... turns out I was actually vomiting up all of my original sin from being human." Lyra saw the worried looks on their faces, "I'm fine though! Look at me, I'm healthy as a horse."

With that reassurance, Jasper decided to speak up, "When we spoke before, you mentioned something about the human world..."

Lyra flipped through her notebook for a moment before beginning her explanation, her eyes glancing back and forth between the vampires around her and her notebook as she spoke, "Unlike in Irish folklore, banshees are not actually female spirits, but instead we are a rare species of demon that come from a plain of existence that humans know as hell. Demons are all ruled by the fallen angel Lucifer, more commonly referred to as Satan, and his wife Lilith, who are both surprisingly quite benevolent rulers.

"While demons can travel easily between the two worlds, humans cannot because they are ignorant to our existence for the most part. And, they are kept that way because if the angels find out about a human knowing about our existence, said human will be 'baptized,' which means that angels will completely wipe their memory, successfully making them completely 'pure.' However, supernatural creatures that were previously human, such as vampires or witches, are allowed to know of our existence because they are considered to be the same in the eyes of the angels."

Lyra looked at her audience, before wincing a little. "Sorry." She apologized, "That was kind of an info dump, wasn't it?"

"You're fine, sweetheart." Esme reassured, "That was a really good explanation."

Carlisle crossed his legs and folded his hands loosely. "You spoke of demons, angels, and Satan, so does that mean that Christianity is true?" He inquired.