Chapter 32

"Wow." Seth's nose scrunched as if he'd smelled the foulest odor he had ever come across. He walked along Lyra's bedroom, glancing around the place. "Yeah, there's definitely been a vamp here."

Lyra sighed, "And, dad was here when they were here. Papa said the scent was fresh when he got home."

He paused to look at Lyra, "Well, whoever it was is definitely up to something if they left Jeremy alive." Seth said, "And I've already got their scent. It's revolting, I won't be forgetting it any time soon."

Lyra smiled and nodded. Lyra quickly hugged the wolf while muttering a quiet 'thank you.' As she pulled away, she grabbed Seth's hand and said, "Now come on."

Lyra followed behind her, practically skipping out of joy of being close to his imprint. He gave Eris a bright smile as he walked past them, and she just gave him a slightly flirty smile in return. The pair approached Emmett as they exited the house, "Whoever it was smells atrocious." Seth told Emmett as he descended the porch stairs behind Lyra, "We'll take care of things from here."

Emmett feigned looking at him as if he was insane, "We don't need you to take it from here."

Seth's face dropped as he muttered a small, "Oh."

Lyra sent her boyfriend a sharp look that quickly faded as she noticed the shit-eating grin growing on his face before he responded, "We're allies, kid. We don't need you to take over because we're going to work together."

He put a hand on Seth's shoulder and gave it a gentle squeeze, causing him to grin brightly, "Oh!"

"Glad we got that settled." To Seth, Lyra said, "We'll be in touch, okay? Tell the others I said hi."

Seth smiled at her, "I will." He paused for a moment and grinned, "You're coming to the bonfire, right?"

"Of course!" Lyra replied, "Uncle Billy invited me, which he doesn't do very often so it would be a crime for me to turn it down."

"Great!" Seth exclaimed before asking in a quieter voice, "Do you think you could invite Eris to? She just seemed really nice a-and... um..." Seth blushed lightly, ducking his head.

Lyra raised a brow as she smirked, "Of course, I'm sure they'd love to come."

"They...?" Seth's face dropped, "Oh no, I haven't been misgendering them, have I?"

Lyra shook her head, "No, she uses she/they pronouns. You're fine."

"Oh, thank goodness!"

"I'll see you later, Seth."

"See you, Lyra." He gave Lyra a hug and kissed her on the cheek before taking off into the forest, where Lyra knew he'd shift into his wolf form and run the rest of the way back to the rez.

Emmett looked at Lyra with a grin and said, "You know, if any of the wolves had to imprint on you, I'm so relieved it was him."

"Honestly, same." Lyra admitted, "I mean, I love those doofuses but the idea of any of them imprinting on me would give me an aneurism." She thought for a moment before adding, "I almost had an aneurism when Seth imprinted on me."

"Understandable."

***

"Are you sure this is okay?" Bella asked hesitantly as Eris, Lyra, and Bella trailed behind Jacob a few nights later. Lyra pulled her jacket tighter around her, the chill of the air causing a slight shiver to pass through her body. "I really hate being a party crasher... I'm sure Lyra and Eris do, too."

"Technically, you're council meeting crashers and Lyra is technically a member of the pack so it's fine."

At the puzzled look Bella gave her, she shrugged and explained nonchalantly, "I was an honorary member because of my papa, and then Seth imprinted on me and that made me an official member."