Chapter 52

Weeks passed quickly after that. Though, with the passage of time, grew a new concern, quite literally. Renesmee was growing quickly, too quickly. She now looked about six years old and she was only a few months old. Renesmee was growing into a beautiful child.

She spoke as if she was that age as well. Her advancements were growing so fast that it alarmed everyone, especially her Grandpa Charlie. No one was more concerned than Bella, Edward, or Jacob. Lyra spent quite a bit of her day trying to calm the trio down, but she quickly grew irritated and snapped at them. She told them to stop worrying about what would happen to Renesmee in the future, but instead focus on soaking up every moment they had with her in the present.

As time went on, things were finally returning to normal. Well, as normal as it could be for Lyra and her family. Sam had stayed true to his word and finally took the time to get on good terms with Jacob, much to Lyra's relief. Though she and the Uley pack weren't necessarily on bad terms, it was tense considering the fact that they tried to kill Renesmee. Because both packs were now getting along, Jacob was the only one constantly at the Cullen residence.

Today wasn't anything too out of the ordinary, Charlie came over after work to be with his daughter and granddaughter, but Sue, who had been coming with Charlie on occasion, decided to stay home and Renesmee was preoccupied, playing with her favorite aunt, Rosalie. Bella and Edward were at their cottage, no doubt taking advantage of their alone time. Which basically just left Charlie playing Monopoly with Renesmee while Lyra sat between the two and reading a new manga.

"Pay up, kiddo."

"This is a stupid game." Renesmee grumbled, giving the fake money to Charlie after she landed on his property.

"Just be happy your aunt isn't playing." Charlie told the little girl as he gladly took her money, "She had no mercy."

"She would've already lost by now." Lyra pointed out, never looking up from her book. While Lyra had stayed at Charlie's house, they had played Monopoly on more than one occasion while Bella was sulking in her room. "You're really being too easy on her."

"She's a few months old." Charlie reminded the banshee before looking at Renesmee, who was counting her money carefully, "Somehow."

"Don't question it." The copper-haired girl told him, "She's almost as smart as me at this point."

"That isn't saying much, kitten." Emmett chimed in, earning the middle finger from Lyra and a scolding from Charlie for doing it in front of Renesmee.

"Don't worry, Charlie." Renesmee said, back to her usual cheerful self, "I've seen Aunt Lyra do worse."

"Jesus, Lyra." Charlie sighed, which resulted in her giving him an innocent smile, "What do you guys do around here?"

"I may or may not have tried to punched Edward once or twice."

"I'm sorry, what?" Charlie stared at Lyra in disbelief, "You tried to punch him?"

Lyra decided it was best not to explain, "In my defense, you would've done the same."

"I don't doubt that." Charlie looked at his watch and got up, "I should get home, Sue's probably gonna start dinner soon."

"I really need to thank her for not letting you starve."

Charlie made a noise as if he was offended, "I could survive on my own. I know how to cook."

"Eating at the diner doesn't count."

"She got you there, grandpa." Renesmee added.

"Unbelievable." Charlie muttered, looking at the hybrid, "It's like having a mini Lyra."