Chapter 15

Lyra, Edward, and Emmett ran through the woods. "Lyra, mark that tree." Edward told her. Lyra rubbed her shoulder against the tree and sniffed it slightly, "That's good." Lyra nodded and continued running.

They moved quickly through the woods until Edward suddenly stopped, causing Lyra and Emmett to stop as well. Edward blinked harshly before saying, "He figured it out."

Lyra felt her stomach drop. The tracker was officially after Bella now. She was so frozen in fear she didn't notice Edward and Emmett leave her side until she felt an arm around her shoulders, however it was much slimmer than Emmett's. She tensed as she caught the unfamiliar scent. "Where is she?" A high pitch voice asked as a fire red curl flew into Lyra's field of vision.

"I don't know." She told Victoria, her entire body tensing.

"I think you do." The vampire replied, "My mate is looking for that human girl and you're going to help me help him, or I will snap that pretty little neck of yours." Victoria's hand grasped around Lyra's neck.

"You think I'm pretty?" Lyra asked with a smirk.

"What? No."

"I'm flattered, Victoria, but I already have a partner and I'm not looking for another."

"Stop it."

Lyra laughed lightly, "Anyways, I don't think I will help you."

"I could break you in half with my bare hands." Victoria threatened, scowling at Lyra.

"You can try."

Victoria's grip tightened around Lyra's throat, "Don't get cocky with me, little girl."

"'Little?' I'm taller than you."

Victoria growled angrily, her grip tightening more, causing Lyra to wheeze slightly. Victoria smirked slightly before scowling again as Lyra began to laugh lightly. "What are you laughing at?" She growled.

"This." Lyra wheezed before flicking her wrist and sending Victoria fly into a tree. She immediately ran towards the Cullen house, passing by Emmett, who was on his way back for her. "Other way, dumbass." She called to him as she passed by. Emmett rolls his eyes and turns around to run beside her.

"Where were you?" He asked worriedly.

"Pissing off a red-headed bitch."

***

Lyra sat in the back seat of Edward's Volvo beside Emmett as Carlisle drove them to Phoenix. "Edward, are you okay?" She heard Bella ask.

"We've lost the tracker. The woman's still in the area. She threatened Lyra to try and get information on you but Lyra managed to fend her off." Edward informed Bella.

"Is Lyra okay? Is my dad?"

"Yeah, she's fine. Rosalie is going back to Forks to help Esme protect your father. I'm coming to get you. Then you and I are gonna go somewhere alone. And, the others will keep hunting. I'll do whatever it takes to make you safe again."

"I love you, Edward."

"I love you, too, Bella." With that, he hung up the phone.

"That was the cheesiest phone call I've heard." Lyra drawled.

"Shut up, Lyra." Edward told her through gritted teeth.

"What?" She asked, "I'm sorry. You sounded like the broody and dramatic love interest from one of those cheesy teen romance movies." Edward shot a glare back at Lyra as Emmett buried his face in her shoulder to hide his laughter.