Chapter 33

If they would've known it would end like this, they never would have done it.

A scream erupts from Emmett's throat as he is stabbed in the gut, body falling to the ground silently as the killer disappears into the darkness. A small chuckle comes from Lyra as her screen changes to display the word 'Victory' as  her mini astronaut character stands underneath it.

"Aw! Not again!" Seth screeches. He flops forward on the banshee's bed near Eris' lap and pouts.

"Why do you keep getting Imposter?!" Embry whines, glaring at Lyra.

Elliot screams as he suddenly tries to lunge at her but Emmett wraps an arm around his waist to pull him down. This is the fourth time in a row she's been imposter in this server of Among Us. Funny thing is, they've only played four rounds. For some reason, she's always elected imposter and she's won every single time.

Trust has been betrayed too many times and the group now refuses to travel with her and avoids her blue character like the plague. Lyra can't help that she keeps getting the same role and that she always targets Elliot first to piss them off. It's just too funny.

To be honest, this is all Eris' fault. They invited the group over to Lyra's house for a day full of gaming and fun and Lyra had to come as it was in fact her house. But, when they decided to play Among Us, who was Lyra to deny.

"You're cheating!" Eris exclaims, glaring at Lyra like an angry kitten. She could never take them seriously. The others complain as well, telling her to share the killer role.

Another light chuckle escapes her at the 'threatening' look on their faces. "I can't help it." Lyra claims, smirking mischievously as the next round starts and she is once again the imposter. The game has to be bugged in her favor and she was going to enjoy it while it lasts.

Lyra immediately plasters an innocent look on her face, furrowing her brows as she pretends to scan her task list. "Where is card swipe again?" She asks, trying to sound genuinely confused. Eris looks at her suspiciously from her right and she keeps up the innocent act.

"You're not imposter this time?" Eris asks hesitantly, trying to read the banshee's expression.

"Five times in a row? No, can you help me?" Lyra asks her and they flop to sit a little closer to her. Eris starts to explain the formula for getting the perfect card swipe as she does the task herself and the copper-haired girl pretends to do it as well. Luckily, Eris is a true player and doesn't look at Lyra's screen. On the couch across from them, Elliot curses up a storm as he fails over and over again to do the card swipe task, doing it too fast.

Lyra chuckles at their failure, him screaming at her to shut up. Eris ignores their bickering as she leads Lyra to Electrical to 'do wires.' As soon as they start the task, her attention drawn elsewhere, Lyra jumps in the nearby vent and goes to medbay. She finds and kills Embry before going back to electrical just as Eris finishes, looking as if she was there all along. Lyra sees Embry pout across the room near Elliot, giving Lyra a sad look but staying silent as he waits to be found.

"Where is your next wires task?" Eris asks innocently, leading the banshee to storage.

"O2." She responds, "How about we both finish our wires then meet up in the cafeteria?"

"Sounds like a plan."

Lyra splits off, heading the opposite way as Eris' pink character turns towards the left side of the map. Lyra smiles as she finds Seth in the Navigation area, quickly killing him before going over to O2. Suddenly, a loud screech erupts from Emmett as Embry's body is reported. Lyra is pulled away from her 'task' to a meeting, waiting to see what's going to happen.