Chapter 41

Bella scraped across the deck of the Cullen's house the afternoon before the wedding. Lyra leaned against the railing, trying to suppress both her amusement and look of pity she wanted to give Bella. Honestly, Bella was absolutely awful at walking in heels. When she picked up her feet, she fell over. When she didn't, she scraped the heel, making an awful sound.

All around her, the outdoor decorations were being put up for the wedding. The Cullen siblings were out getting actual trees to use as the wooden benches. It just caused Lyra to make a mental note to ask Alice to tone it down a notch when she inevitably gets married.

"You just have to break them in." Alice told Bella.

Bella gave her an incredulous look, "I've been breaking them in for three days. Can I just go barefoot?"

Lyra sighed, already knowing the answer before Alice said it, "No. Absolutely not!"

"Alice," Lyra spoke up softly, "I think Bella should wear flats or at least a pair of shoes with a shorter heel."

"No."

Lyra gave Alice a pointed look, "Alice, Bella's been trying to walk in heels for days and we aren't getting anywhere so lets please compromise on this. Bella's dress is long enough that no one will know if she's wearing heels or flats."

Alice sighed, "Fine. Flats will work."

Lyra smiled, looking at Bella, "I have a pair that should work, I'll bring them tomorrow." Bella smiled at her before turning to the decorations and sighing. "What's wrong?" Lyra asked her.

"I'm just thinking it's a little much, you know? The dress, the shoes, all of this..."

Lyra looked over the railing to see the Cullens coming back with torn down trees fashioned into benches. She let out a small chuckle under her breath, "A little much is an understatement, Bells. I don't think the royal wedding was this extravagant."

Bella smiled, "Which one?"

"All of them."

Alice must have gotten offended as she quickly looked toward them with a small frown, "No! It's exactly enough. Tomorrow will be perfect!"

"Where do you want them, boss?" Emmett asked Alice as he walked by.

"On either side of the aisle."

"What aisle?" Rosalie asked.

Alice was clearly growing frustrated so Lyra took over, her eyes flashing red as she floated the benches to the spots that Alice was talking about, gaining a relieved look from the pixie-like vampire. Alice turned back to Bella, saying, "You, go home and get lots of beauty sleep. That's an order."

"Okay." Bella conceded before giving Alice a hug and turning to leave.

Once Bella had left, Edward approached Lyra, purposely ignoring the look Emmett was giving him. "Lyra," He began, "Since Bella isn't having a bachelorette party, I was wondering if you wanted to come to my bachelor party."

"Yeah, sure, Eddie. Thank you." Lyra replied before narrowing her eyes at him slightly, "Emmett didn't black mail you to let me come or something, right?"

"No, he begged me to let you come, actually." Edward admitted, "But, I'm asking you because even though you annoy the living hell out of me, I do think of you as my sister."

"Aww, thanks, Eddie."

"Don't make me regret admitting that to you."

***

Lyra had a smirk on her face as Emmett let out a loud whistle outside Bella's window. "What is that?" She heard Bella ask.

"Come on! Let's go!" Emmett called.