Chapter 27

"So, you're a witch?" Lyra asked Elliot for what was probably the fifth time since he first told her as they sat in the chairs at the airport, waiting for the plane.

Elliot rolled their eyes and explained again, "Yes. I can do the magics and all that jazz." He smirks slightly and presses their finger into her shoulder, causing a zap of electricity to go through her and for her to yelp in pain, "See?"

Lyra sent him a look, "I hate you."

"Love you too, L."

Lyra still partially couldn't believe what Elliot had told her. They had been a witch the entire time she knew him, meaning he had been keeping it from her since the both of them were kids. She knew that he couldn't have told her even if they wanted to because humans aren't supposed to know about the supernatural.

"Hey, if you think me being a witch is weird, imagine if you found out the person who you thought was your human bestie was actually a demon." Elliot joked, nudging her before gasping dramatically and asking, "Hey, could you call up good old Luci and see if he'd like to go out some time?"

"Are you asking if I could contact the literal king of hell so you can go on a date with him?" Lyra replied incredulously, getting an enthusiastic nod in return, "Why?"

"Because according to the Bible, he's supposed to be fine as fuck."

Lyra snorted before feigning a disgusted tone, "Oh my God, you sound so... bi."

"You say that like it's bad thing, little miss pansexual."

"'Cause it is." She joked.

"Oh, really?" Elliot asked her, standing up.

"Yeah." She stood up, too, before their arm wrapped around her shoulders and he began to ruffle her hair rather violently, gaining stares from the people around them.

Edward watched the pair with an unimpressed look while Alice merely smiled and went back to looking at something on her phone. Edward heard a light chuckle from beside him and he looked over at Bella to see an almost fond look on her face as she watched Lyra. He saw a look in Bella's eyes that he had never seen before when she looked at Lyra. It worried him. "Okay, cut it out, you two." Edward told the banshee and the witch, making them pull away from each other with a pout.

"You're no fun, Eddie." Lyra told him, pouting before sitting back down to wait for the plane.

***

Edward really didn't like whatever was going on between Bella and Lyra. He watched as Bella grabbed Lyra's hand and waltzed with her through the Seattle airport. Judging by Lyra's thoughts and the look on her face, this was a regular occurrence for the two of them. Which worried Edward further.

It wasn't until Lyra saw Emmett among the waiting Cullens that she released Bella's hand. She all but sprinted through the mostly empty airport over to Emmett. She had only seen him a few days prior but she barely got to see him then and she missed him. She slammed into him, hugging him tightly and taking in his calming scent.

Elliot, who was watching from afar, couldn't help but smile at seeing their best friend so happy and so in love. He had known that the Cullens were vampires as they knew he was a witch, but he hadn't really taken the time to really look at the vampire family. His eyes drifted over each of them before landing on the enchanting blonde. He found themself staring for a few moments before looking away, blushing.

Lyra pulled away from Emmett and was swiftly pulled into another hug, this one from Jasper. "I missed you so much." He told her.

"Oh, I missed you, too, Jaz." She hugged him back just as tightly for a few moments before pulling away with a smile.