Chapter 44

"Hey, sweetie?" Lyra called to Emmett as she stood in front of her closet. Emmett flashed into her room, humming in acknowledgement as she turned to face him with two dresses in hand, "What do you think, blue dress or black for Emily's party tonight?"

Lyra held the two dresses up for Emmett to see. The black option being a knee-length chiffon dress with a deep v-neck, puffy mesh sleeves that cinched at the wrist, and a black belt around the waist. Meanwhile, the other was a sky blue, tea-length, tulle dress that had thin straps, a soft sweetheart neckline, and rouging on the top before it cinched at the waist and expanded into a puffy skirt with large silver glitters.

Emmett just smiled at her and said, "Oh I don't know, you'll look beautiful in whatever you decide."

Lyra let out a small sigh before smiling back and replying, "Oh, well, thank you, but I'm actually having a hard time deciding so I was hoping you could pick."

"Either way you're gonna be the prettiest one at the party, kitten. I love you so much."

Lyra let her head drop for a moment out of exasperation before looking back up and responding, "Okay, I love you, too, and I know you think I'm beautiful and this isn't a test, I just— If you were going to the party, which dress would you prefer to see me in tonight?"

"I prefer you just the way you are."

"Oh my god, okay—" Lyra turned and yelled out the door, "Hey, Jake! Blue dress or black?" 

Jacob, who had been staying with her a lot lately in not wanting to be around the newly imprinted couple that was Paul and Rachel, rounded into her room and looked at the dress options for a few moments before telling her, "Blue, the black makes you look like a bitch."

"Thank you!"

"No problem." Jacob left after that.

Lyra shooed Emmett out of the room as she got ready. Emily's party wasn't actually going to be doing anything fancy. Emily just thought it would be a fun idea if they got all dressed up in fancy clothes and did not fancy things, such as bowling or going out to eat in a local diner. Upon hearing Emily's idea, she was in all the way. It was going to be her, Emily, Eris, Elliot, Seth, Embry, Paul, Rachel, and Jared while the others were on patrol, and last Lyra heard, they were definitely going bowling and Lyra was so excited to kick Paul's ass.

The night went on as expected. First, they went to a trivia night at a local diner, where they had teams. Lyra, Emily, Eris, and Rachel made up one team at their table, leaving Elliot, Seth, Embry, Paul, and Jared being stuck on a team together and ultimately losing to the girls, who were surprisingly good at trivia. After dinner, they went to a bowling alley in Port Angeles, where Lyra and Rachel kicked everyone's ass, creating a new friendship between the girls.

While they were still in Port Angeles, in a spur of the moment decision Paul and Jared decided they wanted to get tattoos and Lyra was not one to turn down another tattoo. So, off to the tattoo parlor they ventured, in which Lyra spent the entire time she was getting her tattoo making fun of Jared and Paul, who were clearly in far more pain than her while getting their tattoos. Jared got three lilies (Kim's favorite flower) tattooed onto his left calf, while Paul got a few carnations (because carnations meant pure love and the name Rachel also had to do with purity) tattooed onto his right rib cage (which Lyra knew was one of the most painful spots to get tattoos so she didn't actually judge him for his pain even though she made fun of him.) Meanwhile, Lyra had a peony tattooed onto her collar bone, she had always liked peonies and her reason was as simple as that.

After they left the tattoo parlor, they all went back to Emily's house, where they played board games and watched The Mummy, which was a request from Eris. It was probably the most fun Lyra had had in a while, despite her wishing Bella could have joined them.