Chapter 50

Lyra and Seth sat on the bank of a small stream near the Cullens' house. It wasn't much, but it was nice to hear the babbling of water as it ran against the stones. Seth had been telling her about the changes that had been happening around the house since she had been gone.

Lyra noticed that Seth seemed pretty happy about whom Jacob imprinted on. It now tied his pack permanently to the Cullen's and Seth had always been pretty friendly with them especially after he imprinted on her.

Lyra had also noticed that Jacob did enjoy being around some of the members of the family. Much to her annoyance and amusement, Emmett and Jacob had started to get along and constantly started annoying the family with their childish jokes. Half the time, Lyra would laugh her ass off at their stupid jokes. Jacob and Rosalie hadn't gotten any friendlier either, though they did spend a lot of time together because of Renesmee. Jacob didn't like Alice still, though she kept trying to change his mind to be a personal ibuprofen and dull the headaches.

The bond that shocked everyone was the one that Jacob had started to develop with Esme. Despite being cold to her when he first arrived, he had become fond of the older woman. Esme would make him food all the time and treat him as if he was one of her sons. Lyra had the sneaking suspicion that Jacob enjoyed a maternal figure doting on him.

"And then Embry tried to argue with Leah about who was Jacob's second, she took a bite out of his shoulder and he shut up real quick." Seth laughed, "Then Jacob had to inform both of them that you were his Beta and neither was very happy about it."

Lyra smiled, "This new pack of ours is interesting."

Seth chuckled and nodded in agreement before he stood up, brushing off his shorts. He extended out a hand to her and she took it without question, standing up with him. "Come on," he said, "Let's go see them, you haven't seen them since you got back."

Together, they walked off to the perimeter. Once they got there, Lyra let out a short Wail, code from when they were patrolling for them to come meet her. It was a few minutes before the pounding of paws could be heard. Lyra turned around just in time to see Quil and Embry in their wolf forms coming over the slight ridge. Lyra smiled up at them, "Well you guys are a sight for sore eyes!"

Quil let out a snort before the two of them turned back and disappeared. A few seconds later, fully clothed and human boys jumped back to where Lyra and Seth were. Quil immediately started laughing and ran up to give Lyra a hug. "Been a while! Almost got a chunk out of you the other night!" Quil said as she was in his arms. Lyra giggled slightly before Quil pulled away and sighed, continuing, "Who would've thought six months ago, when we all changed, that we'd be here, friends with these bloodsuckers. Although, I gotta admit, they can cook if you can get past the stink."

Lyra looked over Quil's shoulder to see Embry standing a few feet away, just watching them with a pained look on his face. His eyes met Lyra's and there were apologies written in them. Lyra gave him a soft smile and nodded softly, telling him she forgave him. He was reluctant to do anything at first, but she held out her arms for a hug impatiently and, with a smile, he walked over and embraced her. They didn't say anything as they hugged, but they didn't need to.

"And, you were nowhere near Lyra." Embry shot at Quil, "You got your ass kicked by Seth." This time, Seth and Quil started laughing.

Quil bowed out his chest, "I'll show him." And, ran at Seth to tackle him. The two wrestled around on the ground, while Embry and Lyra stood off to the side and watched the two play fight, much like how they did when Quil and Jacob did earlier that year.

"Thank you." Embry whispered to her as Quil got a good hit into Seth's rib cage.

Lyra smirked up at him, "For what?"