Chapter 25 Spikemuth Darkness

In the Spikemuth of the Galar Region, Golly and Gladion are now searching for Dark Gem. Gladion says, "This town sure looks like Po Town in the Alola Region."

"I know, this was the base of Team Yell, and there is a gym that can't be used for Dynamax." Golly says, "A famous singer, Piers, is the gym leader until he gave it to Marnie, his sister. They are both leaders of Team Yell, and they are just a cheering squad rather than a criminal group."

"I see." Gladion says, "But what is Dynamax? Is that the giant Pokemon that destroyed most of the regions?"

"You are correct, people in Galar like to see how giant Pokemon fight in the league, which is why the gyms in the Galar Region are big and wide." Golly says.

Gladion nods as they notice the Dark Gem in front of them, it is placed on the stage where the gym battle is having. "That's it? I mean...that's how we get the Dark Gem? We just need to get it from over there?"

"I guess so." Golly says as she takes the gem, but suddenly, as they get the gem, they can only see nothing but blackness.

"Hey, who turned off the lights?" Gladion asks, and Golly says, "We are outside, there is no such thing as a light. I think that the Dark Gem made us blind as we can't see anything in front of us."

"What? Then how are we going to move if we can't see anything?" Gladion asks, now being worried.

"Just calm down, Gladion. Now please put the gem down onto the ground." Golly says as he puts the gem down to the ground, and then they can see anything again.

"Now I can see anything again." Gladion says, "What is wrong with this gem?"

Golly says, "I think I have an idea about this. We can't use our skin to touch the gem, if we did, then we will be blinded by the darkness."

They try to use their gloves to touch the gem, but it is doing the same thing as they are blinded once again. Once they put it back down, Gladion says, "I guess it is not right as well."

"So it means that we can't use any means to touch the gem...then how are we going to take the gem?" Golly asks in confusion.

"And I thought this was the easiest mission...I guess I am wrong." Gladion says.

Golly thinks for a second and says, "What if we try to attack the gem?"

"What do you mean by that?" Gladion asks in confusion.

Golly uses Obstagoon and she asks to attack with Double-Edge and Snarl. When Golly picks up the gem again, she notices that she can see from the outside, with only one-seventeenth.

"I get it, so we have to attack the gem with the combination of Dark Type move and the other type move. That way we can make sure to get it with our hands."

"So now we tried the Normal and Dark combination...we need to try the other combination as well." Gladion says as he sends out Scrafty, "Use Beat Up and Focus Punch."

The Scraftry attacks the gem that is on Golly's hand, and then they can see another one-seventeenth. "It's working. We have to do all of them." Golly says.

They then use Mandibuzz to use Brave Bird and Dark Pulse at the same time, which activates another piece of the light in the darkness.

"What is Poison and Dark Type?" Golly asks, and Gladion says, "I know Skuntank is one."

It uses Night Slash along with the Belch to activate another one, then they use Kroododile to use Foul Play and Earthquake, and Tyranitar to use Crunch and Rock Silde.

"We need a Bug and Dark Type, is there even one to begin with?" Gladion asks.

"No, there aren't. But I think we can use Drapion since it was a Bug Type before it turns into Dark Type." Golly says as she commands the Pokemon to use X-Scissors and Knock Off.