Chapter 27: The Purpose of the Gems

After getting Minami and Alain back to Mt. Silver, Ash notices that the traitors are still lost in their maze-like entrance as he is sighing in relief. They are now sitting inside the meeting room as Ash says, "So now that we are back with 18 gems, let's see what the gems are working for."

"You bet. So who is going to start?" Chloe asks.

"The first is Normal Gem, also known for the Gem of healing. It can heal any injury, no matter fatal or not." Minami says as she puts the Gem on the table. "When I was injured, it helps me recover with a short amount of time."

"The Fighting Gem is the next one." Mark says as he puts the Gem on the table. "The gem is also known for boosting, it can give us energy boost of Aura, which is why Rota wasn't affected by the war that we created."

"I have the Flying Gem." Insey puts the badge on the table and says, "The Gem is also known for the Weathers, it can create any weather for our advantage. We won't be worrying about Water Shortage or Solar Power because of it."

"The Poison Gem, which is also known for the Gem of Disease, which is the opposite of Normal Gem." Golly says as she puts the gem on the table. "We found Professor Mohn using this to research the toxins of Nihilego."

"How was Dad by the way?" Lillie asks Gladion, who says, "He is doing fine, I can't believe you already knew he is alive and you didn't tell me."

"Sorry about that." Lillie sighs. Trenor takes out the Ground and Rock Gem at the same time, he says, "This Ground Gem, also known for the gem of Order, is capable of controlling the minds of people or Pokemon if the user says so. And for the Rock Gem, which is known for the Gem of Revival, it can revive the souls who are killed even a lot of centuries ago."

Insey says, "The Bug Gem, also known for the Gem of Memory. This gem is capable of wiping out the memory, or showing the memory of what it has been. The Pinwheel Big Tree was shown as the memory, which is why when the gem was taken, it goes back to its real form.

Golly says, "The Ghost Gem, also known for the Gem of Spirits. It is capable of making the ghosts who have been haunting the world solid. We accidentally activate it as we were surrounded by evil spirits who wanted revenge. It is a good thing that we manage to put them in the spirit bottle so we can cleanse them."

Trenor says, "The Steel Gem, also known for the Gem of Space, is capable of expanding the space that we live in while using the powers. We found it on Iron Island and that is how the island was formed."

Mark takes out the two gems and he says, "The Fire Gem is known as the Gem of Satisfaction. It is capable of satisfying what we want, such as giving the fire when we are cold or stopping the lava from endangering the village. For the Water Gem, it is the Gem of Disaster. It is capable of making others suffer, such as the Whirlpools, Typhoons, and so on."

Insey takes out the final gem and says, "The Grass Gem is known as the Gem of Beauty. It is capable of making a beautiful scenery, when we get the gem away from the Natural Preserve, everything withers and the scenery is cold and unforgiving."

Ash says, "Now you shouldn't ignore me when I want to talk about the gems I collected as well. I have the Gem of Electric, which is known for the Gem of Birth. It is capable of using the affinity to create a new life."

"That's how Saphira was born, right?" Minami says, "The Psychic Gem, also known as the Gem of Time, is capable of interfering the time to our use. With this, we can have more than 24 hours a day, or other things to do."

Ash says, "That's for sure. The Ice Gem is known for the Gem of Calmness. It is capable of calming down even the angriest beast in the whole world, thus letting those who hold it talk casually. And the Dragon Gem is known for the Gem of Rage. It is the opposite of the Ice Gem as it will make us angrier and powerful."