Chapter 13: Again with the traitors

Trenor and Chole are now at the Kalos Region as they are going to find the Earth Gem. As they are walking around the place, Chole starts to remember about what happened before she become a member of Team Alpha. She is helping her father with the stuff in the Lab along with the other two researchers , and that is when Ash comes inside with a girl that she hasn't met before, it turns out that the girl is called Lillie and she is from the Aether Family. Ash seems to be in a furious tone as he asks them if they have seen Go, the four of them don't know anything as Go has already left the lab to pursue his dream to capturing all the Pokemon.

Ash and Lillie tell them the truth of what happened to the two of them and they can't believe that Professor Oak would be doing such a thing to them, they are also sad that even Go joined them only for Ash's Pokemon. After all, he wants to capture all the Pokemon and Ash has a lot of rare Pokemon that not many people have. Right now the whole lab has joined in Team Alpha, with Chloe being the member of Team Alpha. At first, they are shocked to learn that Ash and his siblings are going to form Team Alpha so as to destroy the world, and of course they don't agree with this, but with Ash and Trenor assuring them that they will save those who are still good and they reluctantly agree. But after living with them for a long time, they also see what happened to the rest of the humanity and eventually they also give in to help them destroying the world, Professor Cerise even becomes the main scientist to give the good humans the cleanse and the transformation to become Pokemon. As for Chloe, eventually she moves on from Go as she has a crush on Trenor, since he has been taking great care of her after learning what happened to her childhood friend.

Speaking of Trenor, he is still thinking about how he finally got reunited with his brother. His mother brought him to an orphanage in the Kalos Region, but the people there aren't friendly as they have been bullied him due to the fact that he was weak and distant to others. It keeps getting worse year after year, it is until Ash came and he managed to help him escape the place he thinks as hell. But he is siding with Insey, thinking that not all humans are bad, while Mark and Minami are the ones who agree with all humans are bad and Ash and Golly have to be the neutral ones, which is why they are the leaders.

After a long walk, they eventually arrive at the Terminus Cave, Chole turns to Go and asks, "So the gem is inside this cave?"

"Yeah. This is the Terminus Cave and I am sure that Squishy will be able to help us." Trenor says as they see a dog rushing over to them. He bows and he says, "Trenor, Chole. I have been waiting for you."

Trenor pats the dog's head and says, "Hey, Squishy. Nice to see you again, do you know the location of the Ground Gem?"

"Of course, I have been guarding it for years, let me show you where it is." Squishy says.

Before they are able to get inside the cave, they hear a boy says, "Chole? Is that you?"

The two of them flinch as they turn around, it is the traitors, and they are giving evil smiles to them. After losing track of Minami and Alain, they have been wandering around the Kalos Region, finding preys and kill them, as they don't even care about anything in this war-torn world. Seeing the two of them in front of them is like finding a Big Nugget in the middle of the street. Bonnie notices the dog growling at her and she gasps, "Squishy? Is that you?"

Squishy roars a little and then it fires the Dragon Pulse at her, Clemont grabs her with the Aipom arm and they manage to escape. Bonnie yells, "Why are you doing this? Squishy? Aren't we friends?"

Squishy says, "Don't make me laugh. I am a member of Team Alpha, and like Ash, I intend to help him destroy the world, as well as you guys who I consider my enemy."

At the same time, Go walks forward to Chole, he can't believe that his childhood crush is still alive and in front of him, he feels delighted and he says, "Thank goodness, I thought you were killed just like others..."