Chapter 17: Ghost Haunting

Golly and Gladion are now in the Mt. Pyre, after getting past the gravestones and they arrived at the peak, Golly says, "If my assumptions are correct, then the Ghost Gem must be somewhere around this place."

"I can tell, there are a lot of graves in this place. Still, why didn't it be in the Pokemon Tower in Kanto or the Memorial Hill in the Hoenn?" Gladion asks. "Even the Old Cemetery in the Crown Tundra can be a place for the gem to hide."

"I am not sure about that, you just listed the famous graveyards in their respective regions." Golly says as they walk to the peak, the same place where the Red Orb and the Blue Orb were found by the evil teams such as Team Aqua and Team Magma. They see a faint glow on the pedestal and Golly says, "I think we found the gem."

Gladion rushes over to her as she grabs the Ghost Gem, Golly can feel the power of the spirits in the gem, and she turns to Gladion, "You know, Gladion. How about I ask you a question?"

Gladion feels a little confused and he asks, "Why are you asking me this? You can just tell me what your question is."

"But I want you to be mentally prepared." Golly says, "Since what I am going to ask you is something that you won't be hearing very often. Do you know how it feels to be close to death?"

Gladion is now sweating and he can feel shivers in his spine. "I don't know, and I don't want to know as well."

"I can tell why you don't like this question after all, since it is quite supernatural and goosebumps might come from your skin." Golly says as she walks around. "Some say that it is just like sleeping, though you won't be able to wake up again. While some say that it is painful, but after death you won't feel anything in this world. They are half right."

"And why is that?" Gladion asks in confusion. "And they are not wrong, since they haven't died before, which is why they don't know what will happen."

"Do you know that some people believe in the religious heaven and hell theory, right? Saying that Arceus will judge your actions on the earth and determine where you go. I, at first, was also believing in this kind of imaginations, but in the end, I learned that they are just some crazy imaginations to warn people."

"Crazy Imaginations?" Gladion asks. "I don't think I have any idea how to answer that...since it is quite abstract..."

"Yeah, there are no such thing as Heaven and Hell. But the Hall of Origin can be a heaven if you want. After death, all you do is being a ghost in this world. But you won't be able to touch anything, making noises, and you can't even walk like a normal person. I also watched a lot of movies, there is one that is about a serial killer who was killed turned into a ghost and he kill his victims through other people's dreams, but you actually can't go into other people's dreams. Those are just imaginations."

Gladion says, "Okay...but what about the Ghost Type Pokemon?"

"Ghost Type Pokemon are actually real, they would be able to take people or Pokemon to the spirit world, but those Pokedex entries, such as what? A human become a Yamask with the face of the original self, or an ancient warrior died and his soul lives in his sword becoming Aegislash. Those are actually just the Researchers trying to find some ideas for their Pokedex entries."

Gladion says, "Okay, but why are we having this kind of conversation? It is chilling me out."

Golly says, "Because the time when I activate this Ghost Gem, I can tell that hundreds of spirits have sensed it and they are now surrounding us."

Gladion gasps as he looks around, he can see white figures crawling towards them. Not only that, they have angry faces and it is like that they are trying to kill them. Gladion jumps in shock and he asks, "What are those?"