Chapter 14: A abnormal child

Now we go back to Ash and Serena, as they are searching for the Electric Gem. Serena looks at Ash with a frown, even though he seems to have forgiven her, but she has some doubts inside her heart. First, Gary, Gladion and Lillie, as well as the captured Professor Kukui and Professor Burnet, all of them have become Pokemon, but yet, she is still a human without powers to use Pokemon moves. It bothers her deeply, as why she didn't become one as well? Does that mean Ash still wants to destroy her? And second, Ash is still having a distance around her, this travel feels like it is not the same when they are in the Kalos Region.

After the long trek, they are now at the Mauville City in the Hoenn Region. Ash looks around what seems to be a giant building, and he shakes his head, "Mauville City...it is a shame that we had to destroy it. I heard that a year ago, Wattson made it into a giant department store." Ash sighs, "Then again, abusing the power of the Electric Type Pokemon. It is no wonder that it gets destroyed."

"Ash..." Serena can only mutters as Ash turns to her, when Serena is thinking of those questions, Ash has been checking her heart through his aura, he says, "Serena, I know you are wondering why I didn't turn you into a Pokemon, right? Mark said that I still don't trust you, that is only a portion of truth."

"Then what about the majority?" Serena asks. "There must be a reason why I am different from the others, right?"

"You're hurt." Ash says as she is confused. "Hurt by this cruel and unforgiving world, hurt by those who hypnotized you. Turing into a Pokemon is a painful process and I can't bare seeing you like that. So I want to change you at the time that your pain is cured."

"If that is really the truth..." Serena says, "Then how would I cure my pain?"

"Right now, I have no idea." Ash says, "But I heard that the gems we are collecting might have some secrets about it, maybe it will lead to how you are going to be cured. Even though it might be some rumors, but I want to try it out."

Serena nods and says, "So we just need to find the gems as fast as we can in order for me to become a Pokemon?"

Ash shrugs as they go down into the new Mauville, under a pile of rubble, they find the yellow gem that is sparkling.

"I can't believe that this is very easy to find." Ash says, Serena is worried as Ash is covered with Electricity. "Ash?"

"Don't worry, I am fine. I already use my Earth Plate, so they won't be able to hurt me." Then Ash uses his powers to deactivate the gem, but just looking at the symbol, he starts to kneel down and cries, much to Serena's surprise.

"Pikachu...why did you have sacrifice yourself for me..." Ash cries, "How can you leave me alone like this..."

Serena realizes that the only Electric Type Pokemon Ash had in his team was Pikachu, and it is his best buddy and first Pokemon. Knowing why Ash is depressed, Serena quickly rushes to him and hug him from behind, trying to comfort the broken person.

"It's okay, Ash. I know it is really hard for you, you can just cry if you want..." Serena doesn't know why she would say these, but Ash is surprised to learn that Serena deeply cares for him, even though he become a monster like she said.

Ash turns around and cries on her shoulder, Serena also does the same thing as they are now sad. But with the contact, the Electric Gem starts to glow without their notice, and two beams of light shines on Ash and Serena, and then the two lights start to form into one and a female child who seems to be 7 years old is lying on the floor near them. The girl has black hair, and her eyes are closed, if people watch closely, she might be a combination of Ash and Serena.

After minutes for comforting, Ash looks at Serena and says, "Thank you, Serena. I need that..."

"No problem, Ash." Serena says as they eventually stand up and decide to leave, but they notice the lying girl and Serena says, "Ash, there is a girl over there."