Chapter 26: Expressing Love

Minami gets a call from Ash as she is talking to him, while Alain is being confused a little until Minami ends the call. "So what did Ash say?"

"Since you are an official member of Team Alpha, I might as well tell you. The others have already got their gems, meaning that our Fairy Gem is the last one." Minami says. "But it is normal, since the Psychic Gem is all about the timing."

"I see..." Alain says. "So what is this place that is around us?"

"This is Glimwood Tangle. It is a special place that a lot of Fairy Type would like to stay, over there is the Ballonlea, a town where one of the Galar Gyms are located."

"So where do you think the Fairy Gem is?" Alain asks, and Minami says, "About that, I have no idea. Unlike other gems, Fairy Gem is very secretive since Fairy Type wasn't known to other regions until Professor Sycamore did a research about it."

"I see..." Alain says with a little frown, "Can you tell me about what kind of Gem is the Fairy Gem?"

Minami says, "Fairy Gem is known as the Love Gem, when activated by using Fairy Type power, it will grant two people to love each other. Other than that, I have no idea what it is about."

"I see." Alain nods. As they continue walking around the area, Minami notices that her Rapidash is feeling something. Alain asks, "What happened to Rapidash?"

"As you can see, this is where I met him as a Ponyta." Minami says, "Team Rocket wanted to capture an Impidimp for their evil schemes, and I was forced to do it, it is also when I met Ponyta. It was scared at me at first because I was with Team Rocket, but after calming the Pokemon down, it becomes one of my teammates and I am not going to let my uncle take it for experiments or selling."

"I see...it is also a Fairy Type as well, right?" Alain asks, "Does that mean it knows where the Gem is located?"

"That isn't an impossible suggestion." Minami says as they follow Rapidash, and eventually they find a gem glowing in a tree hole. Minami says, "Looks like we found this gem."

"You're right." Alain says as he tries to get it, but there is some kind of barrier that stops them from getting the gem. Minami says, "Obviously, there are some traps to prevent us from getting the gem."

"Then how are we going to get the gem?" Alain asks, and Minami says, "About that, I would need to ask Brother about it."

As she calls back to Ash, Ash asks, "Minami, did you get the gem?"

"Brother, there is some kind of barrier that prevent us from getting the Fairy Gem. I want to ask if you have any ideas to get it?" Minami asks.

"A Barrier...have you tried using Pokemon attacks to break it? Since Golly and I used this method to unlock it." Ash says.

"Let me try it out." As Minami has her own Fairy Type Pokemon to attack the barrier, and it won't open. "It is not working, brother."

"Really? Then that will be strange..." Ash says, "Fairy Gem is a love gem...I think I have an idea of how to open it. Minami, you stay there and wait for us, I think the way to open the gem is to have two people express their love each other in order to break the barrier."

"What?" Minami asks in surprise. "Expressing love to open the barrier?"

"Yes, Serena and I will go there so that we will open it for you guys, so you'll just need to wait for us to arrive." Ash says.

"Okay." Minami says as she ends the call. Alain asks, "So?"

"We wait for Brother and Serena to come and help us get the gem." Minami says. "Apparently, the way to get the gem is by expressing love."