Chapter 5: A Determination Battle

Insey brings Gary out of the room as they are going to the meeting, but his appearance is already disturbing the other members, Golly asks, "Insey, what are you thinking? He is our prison and why are you freeing him?"

"It is simple, I manage to persuade him to join in our group. He finally learned the error of his ways and he will be helping us out."

Mark just snorts and gives him a glare, "Are you sure he can be trusted? What if all is just his plan to escape?"

Minami says, "He's right, humans are manipulative. That is why I don't believe it."

Ash says, "Enough, all of you." Ash looks at Gary and his eyes glow white, Gary just freezes in the spot until Ash's white eyes go back to normal. "What did you do to me? Ashy Boy?"

"I was checking your heart, and I see that you are honest." He walks towards him and puts his hand on his shoulder. "Welcome to Team Alpha."

"Thanks, Ashy Boy. I heard everything from Insey and I can't believe that my Grandpa tried to kill all of you. I feel like I am an idiot that admires him from the beginning..." Gary frowns.

"It is all in the past, now that you have joined us, I want you to train your Pokemon at the basement."

Gary says, "That's it? I don't need to go out and kick some butts?"

Ash says, "Not yet. Compared to the Legendary Pokemon outside, your level is not even their standard. You will get a dying wish if you become this reckless. But don't worry, with Victini and Marshadow training you, I am sure it will be not much time that you can keep it up."

"Point taken, Ashy boy." Gary then leaves as Insey volunteers to take care of him. Minami notices a faint blush on Insey's face and she asks Ash, "Hey Brother, is it just me, or does Insey fall in love with Gary Oak?"

Ash sighs and says, "It is obvious, Insey has a childhood crush on Gary. Just like what I had forth Serena...I am kinda jealous of her since Gary joined us while Serena hasn't."

"Still, I still don't get why you are not going to kill her, she betrayed your trust after all." Trenor says.

"But I want her to join. And recently, I have something related to her that I need to discuss." Ash turns on the screen, "During one of the battles, I notice something strange with her." As he shows the footage of when Serena is fighting Keldeo with Delphox. Something strange happened and then Delphox is surrounded by the fire and then it defeats Keldeo with the Mystic Fire that shapes into a vortex.

"What the...I knew that Keldeo was now in the resting room healing himself because of his injuries, but that is how he got beaten?" Mark asks.

"Yes, it seems like not only my Greninja and Chesnaught, she has the potential of using the Bond Phenomenon with her Delphox, and this is an opportunity that I can't miss. With the prophecy, even though I hated her for doing that to me, she is going to be my Chosen one."

"Fair enough." Golly says. "But what are we going to do with her for now?"

Trenor says, "I think I have an idea."

Serena is now sitting at the bed, still watching the snow flowing outside, she starts to think about everything happened so far. When she heard that even Gary joined the team, her heart is swaying. She starts to wonder why she is still struggling and why she didn't give up even Ash told her to do it.

Ash opens the door again, Serena just turns around and she says coldly, "No matter how many times you ask, I am not going to join you."

Ash notices the tone and he knows that she is stubborn, but he takes a deep breath and he says, "Sometimes you are getting on my nerves, you know. But I could have Mewtwo control you for helping us out."