Chapter 19: Minami's Past

After getting rid of the traitors in the Kalos Region, Minami has been riding her Jigglypuff as they arrived at the Sinnoh Region. Not only that, Alain is riding his own Charizard as he follows her, since his Metagross is tired and Minami is not going to wait for him. Alain doesn't know why, but ever since Marin died because of this war, Alain has been in a despair, until he sees Minami, who makes him feel the same way towards Marin, and he wants to make sure that she is fine.

Once they get to the top of the Spear Pillar with the help of their own Pokemon, Minami looks at her watch and she sighs, then seeing how Alain is already recalling his Pokemon, she decides to start a conversation with him. "Hey you, do you know this place?"

Alain looks around the place as he says, "This is the Spear Pillar, the place where Team Galactic tried to control Dialga and Palkia...But I heard that they are defeated."

"You are right, my brother is the one that defeated them, along with two traitors, Dawn and Brock. Mesprit and Azelf have been regretting to connect with those two for what they have done, and they are going to help us kill them if possible." Minami says in a cold tone, and Alain just frowns, he asks, "So why are we here?"

"This place is special, as it contains the Psychic Gem that I need to find." Minami says coldly, not trying to warming up to Alain. "But we will do nothing here."

"Why?" Alain asks. "I mean don't we have to unlock something with the power of Psychic Pokemon? Or dodging some traps?"

"Do you really think that it is a Team Flare Mission? We don't need to do anything because the gem will find us eventually." Minami says. "Of all the Legendary Pokemon, Psychic Type Pokemon consists the most of them, and the Psychic Gem will be arriving here after a while with the meteorite."

Minami then takes out a Pokeball and then she sends out Rapidash, she neighs as Minami pets the Pokemon. "Hey, girl. How are you doing? You must be hungry, right?"

Minami takes out a can of Pokemon Food and pours it into the bowl, then Rapidash starts to eat the Pokemon food with a smile, and it also causes Minami to smile as well. At the same time, Alain is watching how happy she is with her Pokemon, it is different from before, where she is acting cold and unforgiving. Alain decides to take out his Charizard and Metagross, healing them as they help him flying to the Sinnoh Region.

Minami also notices how Alain is healing his Pokemon, she frowns as she can't be angry at him, as he is only a mere human who loves Pokemon. She feels like a part of her doesn't want her to kill the human, and it is beating faster whenever she gets close to him. Minami decides to shake off the feelings as she decides to ask some questions.

"Hey, you. From what you saw I was doing, you maybe wonder why I hated humans, right?" Minami asks, while turning around so she won't be facing him eye to eye.

Alain looks at the girl with a blank stare, and then he says, "That has flashed in my mind for a while, at first I thought that it might be related to your brother, who is the leader of this Team Alpha and the one who directed the whole destroying world part. But something tells me that there is more."

"You are right, brother is not the only victim." Minami sits besides her Rapidash and says, "As you can see, us Ketchum is a happy family, even though we don't have a father because our mother create us all using her powers, there are six of us, Ash, Golly, Mark, Insey, Trenor, and me. All six of us should have been like you guys, enjoying the world, learning Pokemon and having fun with them."

Minami closes her eyes and says, "But eventually, Professor Oak is a man full of greed, he has become a well known Professor, but that isn't enough. He wants our powers as Arceus in order to achieve anything he want, and he talks to Mother about it, but mother refused, so in anger, he accused us five to be bad luck bringers, and we are forced to leave the house for our safety."