Chapter Two . . . Just Sick

Kristine's P.O.V

Sick isn't exactly how I wanted to spend my first day of school, but I shouldn't have expected less.

I stood in the kitchen watching Sierra color and Austen playing with blocks, while the whole time I felt as if I was going to puke everywhere.

Tina put a plate of toast in front of me and I felt the need to hurl. I pushed it away gently and smiled sadly at her.

"Honey are you feeling okay?" She asked and touched my forehead checking for a fever.

"Yeah, I'm just a little sick. It's probably just the stress of school, I'll be okay." She looked like she wanted to say more, and I wish she did, but she nodded and turned away. I sighed and took a bite of toast. I held back a gag and set it down on it's plate.

"Mommy, why do you have to go to school?" Sierra asked and I walked over to her and sat on the chair next to her.

"Because mommy needs an education so she can get a good job," Tyler walked in at that moment and I got an idea. "and honey because daddy is mean and is making mommy go." Sierra looked angry and hopped off her chair. She walked, well more like stomped, over to Tyler who was clueless and was busy tying his tie. I held back a laugh as she tugged on his pant leg.

"Daddy?" She asked angrily and he stopped what he was doing and knelt down so he was eye level with her.

"Yes princess?" He insisted on calling her princess because I was his queen.

"Why are you making mommy go to school. She's suppose to stay here with me so we can color and play dolls." He looked up at me and shook his head with a smile.

"Mommy needs to go to school so I can see her. If daddy doesn't see her than he'll get really sad and won't be able to work because he'll miss mommy so much." My mouth dropped. I expected him to be speechless but instead he came up with that on the spot.

"But daddy-" Sierra started but stopped when Tyler interrupted her.

"No Sierra, and you know that I would say yes to anything you ask for, but daddy really needs mommy, especially today." Sierra looked down at her feet for a few minutes and then looked back up.

"Okay daddy." She hugged him and added. "Have a good day at work." Sierra then ran to her room with a smile on her face. At that moment my jaw was on the floor. This was unbelievable.

"Kristine, close your mouth, your gonna catch flies." Tina scolded jokingly before leaving the room and taking Austen with her.

When they were gone I walked over to Tyler and wrapped my arms around the back of his neck and kissed him deeply.

"What's that for?" He asked after we broke apart.

"For that lovely excuse you told Sierra." He laughed and I was confused. "What are you laughing at?"

His look became serious as he said the words that made me fall ten times more in love with him. "It . . . uh . . . wasn't an excuse." I smiled at his awkwardness and I kissed him again with so much love that it felt unreal. We were really getting into it when I heard the clicking of heels against the floor.

"Uh Excuse me, can you please put your tongues back in your own mouths because I just had breakfast and I don't really want to taste it again." Tyler and I pulled away with grins on our faces and turned towards the one and only Carrie.

"Carrie you have really bad timing." Tyler said as he wrapped his arm around my waist.

"Well, I'm sorry Mr.Brolin but Kristine and I have some work to do before we head off to school." Tyler looked at me and then back to Carrie.