Chapter Thirty-Two . . . Breaking News

Chapter Thirty-Two  . . .  Breaking News

Tyler's POV

I carried Sierra down to the cafeteria and was followed by the gang behind me.. I tickled Sierra stomach and gave her a kiss on the cheek. "Let's get something to eat princess." I walked into the doors and stopped when everyone was staring at us. Some with pride and some with pity. Thank God Kristine wasn't here to see this.

"What are they staring at daddy?" Sierra whispered and I shook my head.

"Your cuteness." She rolled her eyes just like her mother. I turned around and faced my mother. "Can you get her something to eat please." My mother nodded and they walked into line. I sat down at a table not really feeling hungry.

I ignored people's stares and watched the T.V. that was hanging on the wall. The six o'clock news was on and I sat in fear as I watched what was going on. I know Kristine was going to be on there and from what happened last time I was scared about what they were going to say next.

I watched a woman talk about an accident on the highway when suddenly papers where handed to her and she looked like she was in utter shock.

'Breaking News was just reported to me at this time. Kristine Winchester the young teen who was abducted and seriously tortured by her father last year, was recently attacked by a man named Josh Cassidy. News says Josh Cassidy was a man who raped her years ago  but came back. He was approached by the SWAT team when she was taken by Mr. Cassidy. Reports say Kristine is in the hospital in a good condition and Mr. Cassidy is no where to be found. More reports will be presented to you by channel six news when we get statements . . ." I stopped listening to the lady talk after she said Josh wasn't found. At that the head of the SWAT unit and another member walked in with sad expressions on their faces.

"Tell me that this is a joke." I pointed to the television in anger.

"Mr. Brolin I'm-"

"Don't even give me that I'm sorry shit. You were suppose to do your job and you didn't." I said cutting him off.

"Mr. Brolin, one of my men had Josh Cassidy pinned down to the ground."

"What happened then?" I asked angry.

"He killed one of my men and ran off before we could get there." I shook my head.

"This is just great. Josh is out there and Kristine-" I stopped and thought for a moment in silence. "Kristine!" I yelled and had a bad feeling in my stomach. Before I knew it I was running out of the cafeteria with the two men following behind me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kristine's POV

I held my perfect little baby girl in my arms and watched as she slept. I know I told Tyler and the family that I was going to rest but I couldn't do it. Sure I was sore and tired but I wanted my time with Faith alone.

"Faith, honey, you are so beautiful. Just like your sister." I gently touched her head and she moved slightly. "You know she is so happy you are here and so is your daddy and everyone else. Especially me. You know you gave me a scare back at that house. I thought you were gone. I thought that you . . . I don't even want to think about it, but the point is your here and I'm so happy. You are so strong and so beautiful." I felt tears gently fall down my cheeks when all of the sudden there was a knock on my door and a nurse came in.

"Miss Winchester there's a visitor here who would like to see you." I looked up at her confused. A visitor? Who in the hell would be visiting me?

"Who is it?" I asked.

"He says he's a friend from your school." I looked down at my child and back to the nurse.

"Sure, bring him in." I said with a smile and she nodded.

"Would you like me to take Faith?" I nodded and gently handed her over. "He'll be in shortly." She called over he shoulder before leaving the room.

I sat alone in the room trying to think of someone who would like to see me when suddenly the door opened revealing a young man in a hoodie. His face was covered up I noticed as he shut and locked the door behind him.

"Miss me Kristine?" I heard the boy asked and I realized that it wasn't a man it was a sick and twisted animal who only looked like a person.

"Josh . . . why . . . how?" He turned around pulling the hoodie off his face and revealed himself.

"You didn't really think this was the last time you were going to see me was it?" I reached for the remote that controlled my bed, T.V., and alarm for the nurses. I was about to his the button when Josh brought out his gun and pointed it directly at me.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." He said sickly as he smiled, but I couldn't help myself and hit it anyway. "You stupid bitch!" He yelled before walking over to me and hitting me in the head with his gun. I instantly became dizzy and felt blood dribble down my head. I didn't scream and I didn't cry. I didn't want to give him the satisfaction.

"What do you want now?" I growled at him and he hit me again.

"You caused me a lot of trouble you know. I have the police on my trail and even the damn SWAT team. I killed my sister because of you. Not that I ever had any problem with it she was definitely a pain in my ass, but still a sister is a sister." I shook my head at him.

"Sick son of a bitch." I muttered. "What do you want?" I asked again.

"Some fun." He said simply when someone began pounding on the door.

"Kristine, honey, open the door!" I heard Tyler yell.

"Tyler!" I yelled back knowing that it was a mistake when Josh hit me again and grabbed my hair so he could yell in my ear. "Your boyfriend is going to watch you die." The door was kicked open and Tyler and two men in uniform with guns ran in.

"Josh you son of a bitch put the damn gun down." Tyler yelled by Josh put the gun to my head instead.

"What are you going to do about it?" Josh said followed by a sick laugh. "Your little buddies gonna stop me, huh? Maybe they should point the guns on you are as bad as me. Screwing your student what kind of person are you?" I froze at that and looked at Tyler who looked unfazed.

"Making up stories just because you were caught."

"Stories? Who's child is out there, huh? Because it sure as hell isn't mine, for once." Josh smiled and I saw rage go through Tyler.

"You son of a bitch!" Tyler yelled and it all happened so fast. Tyler went up to Josh and Josh raised his gun before Tyler had a chance to even defend himself and then a shot was fired and Tyler dropped to the floor.

"TYLER!" I yelled at the top of my lungs like it would stop it from happening or that it would change the outcome, but it didn't. Tyler was still lying on the floor barely breathing while the two SWAT members had unarmed Josh and thrown him on the floor next on the other side of the room.

I quickly jumped out of bed and put Tyler's head in my lap. I ignored the pain coming from my stomach knowing it was my staples coming out, but all that mattered was the man who was shot and almost dead on the floor.

"Don't you leave me! Do you hear me?" I yelled at him, but he only smiled and touched my face.

"I love you." He whispered for only I could hear and I began to sob as his eyes shut.

At that moment my world became useless and apart of me died.