Chapter Nine . . . Should Have Stayed Home

Chapter Nine . . . Should Have Stayed Home

Wednesday came around quick, and that day was beautiful. The sun was shining, the weather was perfect, the birds were chirping, and all together it was a pretty good day. If you asked Tyler he would've said that hell itself came to earth.

He was so worried about me and the baby, and at first it was really, really sweet but then it was freakin' annoying. He followed me everywhere, even into the bathroom where I took my shower. I asked him what he was doing and he said that he was making sure that I didn't fall in the shower. I finally got to kick him out when I said I needed to pee and had femine issues. I giggled when he left with a blush on his face. He was such a dork sometimes, I mean I'm pregnant I don't have femine issues for nine months.

"Tyler, you are driving me nuts!" I yelled and through my hands in the air as we walked through the kitchen, of course the big goof was following me.

"I just want to make sure you and the baby are safe. I mean you and the baby are the most important things to me right now." He said and pulled me to his chest. I rolled my eyes.

"I understand that, but I still have two little kids running around the house that are important to me."

"They are important to me too!" He said with defense. "But you and the baby are in danger right now."

"No we are not. We are perfectly fine!" I argued back and pulled away from him. I went over to the counter where my tead was sitting and picked it up. I was just about to take a drink when suddenly it was pulled our of my hands. It was then being dumped into the sink by the one and only Tyler. "Damn it Tyler! What are you doing?"

"The question is what are you doing? I mean drinking coffee while pregnant, you are insane right?" He said and pointed to the sink where my tea was going through the drain. I wanted to cry.

"Tyler, I'm not insane. That was tea not coffee you idiot." His face turned from crazy to a frown.

"Oh . . . uh . . . sorry?" He said unsure, and then that's when I realized something.

"Why aren't you at work?" I asked and he paled.

"Well, uh, I'm not going in until later?"

"Don't you have bus duty?"

"I wanted to stay home with you, to make sure you don't . . ."

"Do something stupid?" I said, cutting him off.

"No, hurt yourself."

"Tyler, I'm fine. How many times do I have to say that?" He came close to me and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"It doesn't matter how many times you say it. I'm always going to be concerned. I mean Austen's pregnancy was not easy, and I just want to make this one different."

"I know you do, and I appreciate that, but you have to understand that it is already different. Just by having you here." I leaned in and kissed him when I heard the screams of Austen. "I better get him."

"Mom, has him." He said and pulled me closer and kissed my forehead.

"You're mom is not a nanny Tyler."

"I know, but she loves it and you shouldn't be lifting anyway."

"I miss him>" I said and looked down the hall where his bedroom was.

"How about this," Tyler said while pulling my face towards his. "after school today we all go get some ice cream."

"I like that idea."