Chapter Four . . . The Truth

Tyler's P.O.V

The day was passing smoothly, not a single one of the kids were smart asses and they all seemed to enjoy writing as much as I did, but although everything has been going well, I still felt worried. Kristine nor Carrie had came to my room or lunch today. They always came to my room. It was strange but at least I got to see them this period to see what was going on.

One by one students came into the room each looking exhausted and tired of school already. I smiled at each of them letting them understand I knew how they felt. I was tired myself, but maybe Kristine could brighten my day.

After three minutes the late bell rang, but with no sign of Kristine or Carrie. I began to panic and felt my heart beat fast in my chest. Something was wrong.

"Hello class, welcome back, my name is Mr. Brolin. I have a syllabus for you to read on your own for a few minutes." I handed out the syllabus to the each row having them pass the papers back to the other student, and I half ran, half walked to my desk and quickly pulled out my cellphone.

Where are you? 
-Tyler.

I put my phone away and waited impatiently for it to vibrate. After what seemed like hours, my cellphone buzzed against my lap.

On our way! Something important happened, don't worry we are fine. <3
-Kristine

I sighed and when I was about to text her back the door opened and in came Carrie and Kristine. Carrie looked sad but Kristine was smiling that gorgous smile of hers. It took all I had to hide my own smile.

"Well ladies, late on the first day? Way to start the year, huh?" I asked trying to sound professional but the look on Carrie's surprised face was making it hard.

"Yeah, sorry Mr. Brolin. We had an issue, but it's all solved now." Kristine said and both girls went in the back of the class.

"Ladies you are up here for the whole year, clearly I can't trust you." Kristine sighed and rolled her eyes before walking up to her seat with Carrie behind her looking at her feet. What was wrong with her? "So what was this 'issue' that you two had?"

"I don't think you really want to know." Kristine sighed.

"Well, you don't know that, tell me or you both get detention." I said seriously part of me acting but the other part was curious what was going on with these two?

"Femine problems Mr. Brolin." Kristine said behind her gritted teeth. I raised and eyebrow at her and heard a few snickers from behind.

"Enough class." I said and looked at Kristine and Carrie before turning around and handing them syllabuses. "Read girls." They looked at their packets and began reading as I clicked on my computer and did some work.

After ten minutes, I turned my attention to the class. "Okay, so clearly as you read in the syllabus you know what's expected in the class. I hope you are all willing to work. Anyway, I have an assignment for you guys. Just something simple really, I want you to write about your summer. It will be due next week sometime." At that moment the bell rang. "Class dismissed." I said and everyone got up including Carrie and Kristine. "Not you two." I watched as Carrie sat back in her seat and Kristine rolled her eyes but still stayed.

After every student left I shut the door, and walked over to the girls. "Where were you?" I asked concerned.

"I told you we had an issue but it's taken care of, and that doesn't excuse you for being a jerk."

"Kristine, you were late to my class I have to act the part, and besides you are still my student." I said calmly and truthfully.

"I am also your fiance who does not need to be treated like dirt." She growled.

"I did not treat you like dirt I treated you like my student." She rolled her eyes and grabbed her things.

"Come on Carrie." She said standing up then added. "I'll see you at home Mr. Brolin."

"Kristine!" I called but she ignored me and went out the door with Carrie following behind. I ran a hand through my hair and packed up my things and left my room.

I ran to my car and got in and drove to my mother's house fairly over the speed limit. What was going on with Kristine? Why was she so moody? Did I do something besides be a total jerk to her in class, or was it something more?

After a few minutes I pulled into my mothers drive way and stormed into the house. "Daddy!" I heard and instantly turned around to catch the little angel in my arms.

"Hi baby, how was your day?"

"Good! Grammy took me out for ice cream!"

"Did she?"

"Yeah I got chocolate and she got mint and had me try it but I don't like mint and then Austen he fell asleep and was snorin." I laughed at her cuteness and set her on the floor.

"Where's mommy?" I asked with a smile.

"Well she's in the living room with Austen, but I think she's mad."

"Did she tell you she was mad?"

"No, but she doesn't want to play with me right now and she keeps looking out of the window and she is crying." Oh no. I thought before kissing Sierra on the head and setting her down on the floor.

"I'll be right back, go play." She nodded and ran off. I walked into the living room and as Sierra said Kristine was in the living room looking out the living room crying.

"Kristine." I sighed, and when she saw me she hopped off the couch and held up a hand.

"Save it, Tyler because I really don't want to hear it." She picked up Austen who was happily playing with his blocks and headed towards the stairs.

"Kristine, wait!" I called and followed her towards the stairs.

"Tyler I don't care what you have to say."

"I'm sorry okay, I was a jerk. Just tell me where you were and what was the issue was," She stopped mid stair and turned with more tears in her eyes.

"I was taking a pregnancy test." I froze in my spot and all was silent. Not even Austen cried.

"Are you pregnant?" I asked scared of an answer. Could I handle being a father? Would I be good enough for he or she.

After a long moment she looked at the floor. "No." She whispered and headed up the steps