Chapter Twenty-Six . . . A Little Story

Kristine's POV

I scooted as far away as I could on my bed when Josh pulled the chair close next to me. When he caught what I was doing he sighed and grabbed me by my hair and pulled me to the middle of the bed where I was at the begining.

"Do you want to hear my story or not?" He yelled and I could only nod.

He straightened out his outfit before taking a seat next to my bed. "You know Kristine I was like you. Abused, beaten, and embarrassed. My father use to beat me and my sister." I closed my eyes and took a deep breath as another contraction hit, but it didn't stop me from listening.

"So you were abused, what does this have to do with me and my family." He rolled his eyes and sat back in his chair.

"I'm getting there just relax. Anyway my aunt got us out of that house as soon as my father killed my mother. She raised us, brought us into a different school, hell she even took us to counseling, but I had something deep inside me that no one could understand or help me with. That was until you came along. You were so adorable, you know. You would follow me around like a puppy dog and I would always feel you staring at me.  To be honest it kind of turn me on." He laughed evilly and I wanted to hit him.

"So you raped me because I turned you on? Real nice story for the cops, don't you think?"

"Will you shut the fuck up! God! I raped you okay, but in my defense I'm sick. I have an addiction to sex. I couldn't help it. I needed you." He yelled and then slowly calmed himself down. "I heard you were pregnant and I knew that it was mine I mean I did take your virginity. I left you alone because I thought that's what you wanted but then something happened and I needed to see my son."

"What happened Josh? What happened that was so bad and terrible that you had to kidnap me and are trying to take me baby."

"My Aunt got sick Kristine, and all she asked was to see me or my sister have a child."

"That's it? Come on Josh there has to be something more?" I couldn't help but push a little further.

"My father found out where we were staying and wants us back. My Aunt has promised protection to one of us if we could provide her with her first grandchild." I waited for more. I waited to hear that his life depended on it. I waited for something greater but it never came.

"Are you serious Josh? That was the whole damn thing? You wanted protection? How about going to police or even changing your name? Huh? Why me Josh! What the hell did I ever do to you that made you think that I was going to give up the baby without a fight!"

Josh jumped up throwing the chair back with him. "I have control over you Kristine! You are the one in chains there is no fight that you can win!" He took a couple of deep breaths and calmed down. "Besides I couldn't go to the police because of the same reasons you couldn't. He knows too many people, and no one would believe me anyway."

"So all of this is okay to you because it saves your ass?" He didn't answer. "How did you get your sister into this anyway. Didn't you say only one of you would get protection?"

I watched as Josh nervously scratched his neck. "Well-I-uh . . ." He stumbled on his words with no explanation of anything.

"You lied to her? You're going to let your own sister pay for no reason, what kind of sick person are you?'

"You know what, if you say anything to her I will make sure your kid dies and you watch. Do you understand me?" I nodded quietly as he got in my face. He slowly  and carefully gripped my hair in his hands and smashed his lips to mine. I struggled against him but he only bit my lip to draw blood. "Be a good girl." He whispered as his hand went to my shirt. He moved my shirt away and cupped my bare breast squeezing it hard enough to bruise.

I closed my eyes tight enough to see color and I couldn't stop myself from saying out loud, "You're going to rape me when I have a child coming out of me?" At that moment, thank God, Miss Barkley or whatever her real name was walked in.

"What the hell is going on here?" Before I could even get a breath out Josh ran out of the room. His sister followed him out the door.

As soon as the door closed I struggled against my ropes. "OWWWW!" I screamed louder than I thought I ever could and decided to stop doing that. "Oh my god. Oh my god" I whispered to myself in pain before I looked down at the sheet that was laying against my legs and saw that it was becoming wet with my blood.