Chapter Fifteen . . . The Truth Takes Over

Kristine's POV

The whole class continued to laugh at me even when I began to feel more tears than before run down my face. Suddenly there was a loud bang and I jumped.

"ENOUGH!" Tyler yelled clearly seeing his anger overcome him. "Class dismiss." Every student ran towwards the door in order to escape Tyler's wrath, and I didn't blame them. I tried my best to ignore there comments calling me a whore and a slut.

When the door shut and every student was gone Tyler ran over to me and put his hands on both sides of my head. "What happened?"

"I-I-Josh-Austen-stop." I couldn't get the words out because I was in so much shock and my sobs were uncontrollable.

"Shh." Tyler said trying to calm me down but nothing was working. He lead me to a desk and sat me down on the chair. "Kristine, you need to breathe and tell me what's going on."

"I'm sorry!" I sobbed and he pulled me to his chest. He ran his fingers through my hair.

"Kristine, you're really scaring me. You need to tell me what's going on." I pulled away from him and tried to get out my words, but it was more of a struggle than I thought it would be.

"Josh, came to my class, he pulled out a knife, and he dragged me to the closet and he tried to .  . . he tried to." He pulled me into his chest again and I felt his sadness even though it was pushed away by his rage.

"Who's Josh and where can I find him?" He asked through his gritted teeth. I realized that I never told him Austen's sperm donors name.

Passed memories shot through my mind and I began to shake. "Kristine, you need to relax. Stress isn't good for the baby." I looked down at my stomach and realized that he was right, but I also realize that my baby was in serious danger.    

"Oh My God! He had a knife Tyler! A KNIFE!"

"Okay, relax, you are okay now." I took a deep breath in and out but couldn't seem to relax."

"Kristine you are going to have to report this." I nodded.

"I know. I'm not going to relive my last experinece." I sighed. I got up off the chair and walked around running my fingers through my now damp hair. 

Suddenly the door opened making me jump. "I'm sorry I'm looking for a miss Winchester?" A man asked.

"That would be me." I answered and walked in a police officer. My breathing hitched and Tyler ran to my side and sat me back down in a chair.

"Miss Winchester, my name is Officer Michaels. I'm here because another student reported a Mr. . ." he looked into his notebook, "Josh Cassidy. They said that he had a knife on you in a classroom. Can I ask you some questions?" I nodded and he sat across from me.

"How do you know Mr. Cassidy?" I sighed.

"A few years ago, I went to the same school as Josh and he raped me." I looked over at Tyler and saw his jaw twitch and anger in his face.

"I'm going to have to leave for a second." Tyler said.

"Mr. Brolin!" I yelled before he walked out the door. "I really need you here." His face softened and he sat at his desk.

"How do you know Miss Winchester? Other than her being your student?"  The officer asked in question which scared me, but now a days what doesn't scare me.

"My mother is her guardian." The police officer nodded and looked at me with wide eyes.

"You're the Kristine Winchester! Your case is still huge in our station." I put my head down in embarrassment and shame. "Excuse that Miss Winchester, I apologize. Anyway, with another student's testiment and yours, Josh Cassidy is now going to be brought in for questioning." I nodded. "When we find and arrest Mr. Cassidy, you will be the first to know. Do you have anything to add Miss Winchester?" I sighed and realized that to make sure Josh went to jail I would have to tell the whole truth.

"I have son, Austen, with Josh. I became pregnant after he raped me. He said that he wants to meet my son. That's what this whole thing is about. I'm scared for my family's life. If he wants Austen he will kill anybody in my family to get to us. I want protection." I said with strength in my voice.

"If you wait here, I will go make a call and we will get officers to watch you and your family." I nodded and Officer Michaels left the room to make his phone call.

As soon as the door shut Tyler was infront of me crashing his lips to mine. "I love you so much." He said after he pulled away from me. He ran his fingers threw my hair. "You are so strong, Kristine, and so amazing."

I grabbed his hands and held them tightly in my own. "Say that after this is over." We heard footsteps come near the door and Tyler went to his desk.

"Miss Winchester, we have five police officers who are going to escourt you and Mr. Brolin home. So, get your things. I'm going to take a look around."

"Thank you Officer Michaels." I whispered and he took his hat off.

"Any time ma'am." He said and walked out of the room. 

I turned to look at Tyler. "Will you come with me? I don't want to be by myself." He nodded and together we walked down the hallway and to my locker. I was about to open it up but Tyler pushed me gently to the side.

"Let me. We don't know what this guy is capable of." I nodded quietly and waited patiently as Tyler opened my locker. Once he realized that it was safe, I got in and grabbed all my books.

I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair trying to think what I needed. Who knows how long I was going to be out for. I looked down at my belly and again sighed. Between Josh and the baby who even knew if I was going to graduate.

I was knocked out of my thoughts when a rough hand grabbed my shoulder tightly, making me yelp. I turned around quickly and saw another officer standing there looking sad.

"Sorry MIss Winchester, I'm Detective Lee, we are here to take you and Mr. Brolin home, are you ready." I nodded and closed my locker.

Tyler and I silently walked behind Detective Lee. Once in a while we would look at each other and smile, but no matter how many times Tyler smiled and how sure and strong they seemed. I knew that he was just as I was