Chapter Three . . . To Be or Not To Be

Kristine's P.O.V.

Lunch came around sooner than expected especially since I was nervous. Pregnancy was a scary thing, especially when you are seventeen and are already taking care of two, not to mention that the father is your creative writing teacher.

"Hey are you ready?" Carrie asked as I put my new morning books in my locker.

"Yeah." I said simply with no emotion as I closed the door. "Let's head out." I started walking out the door with the sound of soft clicking of heels behind me.

"It's going to be okay Kristine." I heard Carrie say as she ran up to me.

"Yeah, it's going to be great Carrie! I'm yet again going to be another teen mother. Now instead of having two kids I'll have three and all before I'm eighteen." I said sarcastically as we both jumped into her car.

"Yeah, but you'll have three cute kids." She tried so hard to sound positive but God bless her soul because it wasn't working. "Listen, whatever happens we will get through it together like we have always." I sighed and layed my head against the window.

"Carrie, I don't know if I can have another kid, especially in this life."

"Kristine, do you want to have an . . . abortion?" Abortion? That wasn't even a thought that passed through my mind.

"No, God no. I mean clearly I would have the baby but I don't want to be selfish."

"All your life you have been giving up everything so your children could have the best life possible. You left your father's house, you payed for food, an apartment, water, head, everything for those kids, and you will do the same for this baby."

"But what if-"

"No what if's." Carrie said interrupting me. "you will be fine. You will be the best mom in the world like you have been for the last couple of years." There was no jealousy in her voice, but pride. Like I would hear in my own mother. If only she were here.

The rest of the way to the medical store was silent. There radio wasn't even on to give us some sound. No, the only sound was our breathing, which was getting quite annoying.

Finally, after three horrible minutes we arrived at the medical store, and that's when I started twitching nervously. "Kristine, breathe. If you are pregnant then this isn't good for the baby." She said grabbing my hands.

"Thank you." She smiled and kissed my head.

"That's what I'm here for. Now let's go see what's going on." I nodded and we both got out of the car and headed into the the store.

"Alright so where do we go?" Carrie asked and I dragged her to the right aisle. The aisle was full of condoms, feminine products, and pregnancy tests. "Well, what do we get?" She asked clearly unsure, but I was and grabbed three of the top pregnancy tests without saying a word.

I brought it up to the counter and the lady looked at me. "You know you probably only need one." I shook my head with a smile.

"It took two with my first child, you know for me to believe it." I said and she looked at me like I was crazy.

"How old are you?" She asked concerned.

"That's none of your-" Carrie started but I covered her mouth with my hand to stop her.

"Sorry about her. I'm seventeen." I said honestly and removed my hand from Carrie's mouth.

"Seventeen, wait a second! Your that girl from the news, the one who's father kidnapped her and did all those horrible things to her?" I felt the heat rise to my cheeks