Chapter Twenty-Four . . . Gone

Tyler's POV

I drove to the house as fast as I could, and even when I got there I ran to the door faster than an Olympic runner. When I got to the door I noticed that it was slightly opened. "Shit." I whispered to myself before manning up and walking into the house.

The house was dark and had that creepy chill to it.

I followed the rose petals which were laid out on the floor that led me to the door of the dining room. Underneath the door I saw a little light and took in a deep breath before slowly entering and at the time I wish I hadn't.

The dining room was a wreck. A table set up for a nice dinner was flipped over. There were two chairs that were flipped on the opposite sides of the room. One was caught slightly on fire from a candle, but the worse thing to see was the blood. Even though there wasn't much of it, it was enough to scare any sane person. It was on the walls and on a knife that laid next to it.

"Kristine!" I yelled as I ran to the kitchen, which was also a wreck, and grabbing some water before running back and putting out the fire. After it was out I dropped the bottle was holding and looked around to see if there was any sign of Kristine, but there wasn't. Where would he have taken her?

I heard a car pull into the driveway and I quickly made my way outside to be greeted by police officers. "She's gone. That bastard took her." I yelled and it felt like De Ja Vue . Like a nightmare that would never end.

The officers ignored me and ran inside to check out the scene. I couldn't help but wonder if they would be shocked at the sight but no one came back out until about twenty minutes later. This time holding a gift box. "You're Tyler, right?" When I nodded he handed the gift over to me and on top of the gift , it had a envelope on it with my name neatly written.

I was about to ask where this came from, but when I looked up the officer was already gone. I picked up the enveloped and pulled out the letter that said,

To my Dearest Tyler,

I hope you are not too mad when I tell you this news, but I found out the sex of our baby today and I hope that when you open your present you are happy, excited, and don't hate me too much, but I have a good feeling you won't. So with that said: OPEN THE BOX! :)

With all my love,
Kristine
P.S Can't wait to be called Mrs. Kristine Brolin <3

I smiled as I read the letter before carefully putting it in my pocket. I then opened the box and something inside of me died as I saw what was inside.

I fell to my knees as I pulled out the sonogram with a picture of our baby that said Congratulations Daddy!  was written on it, and underneath it held a pink baby outfit that said Daddy's Little Princess written in white lettering. It even came with a little tutu. I was having a little girl and right now that bastard had both my girls.

*********************************************************************

Kristine's POV
(Half and hour before)

"Josh what are you doing here?" I said in fear and grabbed my stomach in protection.

"Well you see Kristine," He said making himself comfortable in the chair. "I'm here to see you and my child." He said smiling.

"He's not here Josh, and you are never going to see him." Josh laughed and stood up from his chair, knocking it over in the process. "No, Kristine, not him but her." He pointed to my stomach.

"How do you know it's a girl?" I asked and he shrugged.

"I've been following you." He said like it was no big deal.

"She is not your baby." He looked down at his feet laughing darkly and quietly before he flipped over the table. I quickly made a run for it in the kitchen, but I could only wobble so fast.

Josh quickly caught up with me and grabbed my arm. "I'm taking that baby Kristine! She's mine!" I smacked him across the face, and I got out of his grip. I grabbed a kitchen knife and ran back to the dining room. I looked behind me and Josh wasn't there.

"What the hell?" I asked myself, but as quickly as I said that I was being grabbed from behind and shoved against a wall.

"Now you listen here bitch, you are going to come with me nice and easy, or I'm going to take you out the hard way which could hurt the baby in the process. Which I so don't want to do because it's very tiring. Now what's it going to be?" He loosened the grip slightly.

"Bite me." I managed to get out before planting the knife straight into his shoulder.

The grip got tighter and I spots of black. "Bitch!" He yelled before using his other hand to pull out the knife. He quickly dropped it and blood squirted from his shoulder and onto the wall. If I had the breath I would of gagged.

"You were never one to listen were you Kristine. You could never just shut that pretty little mouth of yours and do what your told. Now you and your baby are going to have to pay." He said through gritted teeth before pulling a fist up and punching me square in the face.

I quickly became engulfed in the darkness.